Working with UA and its Research Foundation
The University of Akron's research services offer support for:
- Providing access to research expertise
- Facilitating testing and research services
- Licensing UA technology
- Providing graduate student interns
- Entrepreneurs and startups:
- Conducting customer discovery and market research
- Mentorship by experienced UARF Senior Fellows
- Providing paths to funding
- Adding student interns to supplement your team
- Supporting grant applications
- Helping with technology commercialization
- Partnering to reach out to customers and learn about markets
- Patenting and licensing new technologies
- Providing internships and unique opportunities
- Forming teams to learn what its like to launch a product through I-Corps Sites
- Making investment recommendations on real companies through NEOSVF
- Supporting area businesses through internship partnerships
Whatever your major — in a STEM field or non-STEM field, or even if you are undecided, you can now learn about all the research projects available to undergraduate students in one spot — thanks to our new Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program website.
Why should you join a research project?
- If you are unsure whether you want to major in a subject, a research experience can provide clarity.
- Research can help you make a deeper connection to areas outside of your major.
- Student research is also an important factor in being accepted into medical or other professional schools.
Research investigates what makes it possible for some arctic animals to walk and run across the ice so effortlessly and gracefully without slipping and falling.
University recognized by National Academy of Inventors since 2017
The National Science Foundation (NSF) has awarded a $249,995 grant to The University of Akron (UA) for research training opportunities in tire science