Working with UA and its Research Foundation
The University of Akron's research services offer support for:
- Providing access to research expertise
- Facilitating testing and research services
- Licensing UA technology
- Providing graduate student interns
- Entrepreneurs and startups:
- Conducting customer discovery and market research
- Mentorship by experienced UARF Senior Fellows
- Providing paths to funding
- Adding student interns to supplement your team
- Supporting grant applications
- Helping with technology commercialization
- Partnering to reach out to customers and learn about markets
- Patenting and licensing new technologies
- Providing internships and unique opportunities
- Forming teams to learn what its like to launch a product through I-Corps Sites
- Making investment recommendations on real companies through NEOSVF
- Supporting area businesses through internship partnerships
Dr. Tim Matney led geophysical survey technology training on an international team of archaeologists from the British Museum in Iraq.
Dr. Hossein Tavana’s focus on stromal cells that contribute to tumor growth and persistence could lead to more effective drug treatments.
The nearly $4 million received is for topics ranging from designing new materials inspired by a bird’s nest to 3D printing and nanocomposites.