Plexiglass in place in Simmons Hall to provide additional protection.
On campus, staff are busy making physical changes in our buildings.
- New signage is being placed as visual reminders of campus expectations for all employees, students and guests.
- Shared spaces (such as lobbies and waiting areas) and workstations are being rearranged to provide for 6 feet of distancing.
- Classrooms and labs are being rearranged to adhere to social distancing guidelines. See more lower on this page.
- Employees are helping to conduct daily disinfection of common areas and high-touch surfaces.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed to provide additional protection.
Across campus, employees from our capital Planning and Physical Facilities Departments are reconfiguring classrooms to meet distancing requirements. A few reconfigured classrooms are below.
Akron Polymer Training Center 103
Arts & Sciences 145
Arts & Sciences 107