Residence halls and dining
Students who have signed a contract for on-campus housing this fall have received communication from the Department of Residence Life and Housing, including information about:
- physical distancing,
- common areas,
- single or double bedrooms and
- instructions to verify housing assignments.
On, Monday, June 8, residents received confirmation that halls and dining will remain open after Thanksgiving for any student who chooses to stay on campus after face-to-face instruction ends on Nov. 25. The final week of instruction and exam week will be conducted fully online.
Because residence halls and dining facilities will remain open through the end of the semester, no refunds will be issued.
Visitors to our residence halls
We are taking many precautions to ensure the health and safety of our resident students. For instance, residents will be able to sign in only other UA students as guests. Only one guest will be permitted at a time. Family members and other non-UA students will not be permitted in the residence halls after a student's move-in appointment has expired. Instead, we encourage those visits to occur elsewhere on campus.
Please see our Move-In Guide for more information about what to pack, what to leave home and when you'll move in.
Face coverings are required in all common areas, including hallways, lounges, bathrooms and kitchens. Face coverings are not required in individual private bedrooms. Face covering guidelines for campus.
More details to come
Using guidance from state regulations and CDC, the Residence Halls and Dining subgroup of the Fall 2020 Planning Team is meeting regularly to:
- execute a plan for residence hall capacity
- determine physical distancing and cleanliness protocols in the residence halls, Robs Dining Hall, and retail dining establishments
- determine food delivery and pick up services on campus
- develop plans for student engagement, activities and support
Details will be posted here when completed.
We would be happy to answer your questions about fall. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Akron and Dining Services have been working diligently to ensure the safety of our students, and staff as we begin to return for the fall semester.
Dining Services has been working closely with the local health department to ensure all the dining operations are in compliance with the required policies.
Students can expect:
- Increased sanitizing of high-touch areas.
- Increased sanitizer stations in all dining areas.
- Location hours to best serve you and the same or more menu offerings.
- Increased to-go food options to accommodate your busy schedule.
- Different seating arrangements to keep us all safe.
For more information about fall meal plans and hours of operations, please visit the dining website.