Information on the Student Educational Benefit Trust Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
The Student Educational Benefit Trust (Debtor) filed its Chapter 7 Voluntary Petition for bankruptcy on January 22, 2019.
The Court has scheduled a Meeting of creditors on March 1, 2019 at 9:30 a.m. to be held in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 341 Meeting, Howard M. Metzenbaum US Courthouse, 201 Superior Ave., 6th Floor, Cleveland, OH 44114. This meeting is required by Section 341 of the Bankruptcy Code and is often referred to as the “341 Meeting”. At this 341 Meeting the Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee will exam the Debtor under oath about its bankruptcy petition, finances and other matters related to the filing. The bankruptcy judge does not attend. Creditors may also ask questions but are not required to attend nor participate. Please note if you plan on attending the 341 Meeting of Creditors you are required to have a valid photo identification when entering the Courthouse.
The Bankruptcy Trustee appointed by the U.S. Trustee is:
David O. Simon, Trustee, 55 Public Square, Suite 2100, Cleveland, OH 44113-1902; Phone: 216-621-6210; Email: email@example.com.
Please review the following documents:
- Chapter 7 Voluntary Petition for Bankruptcy
- Declaration of Electronic Filing
- Notice of Bankruptcy Case Filing and Notice of need to file Proof of Claim
- Note last date to file a Proof of Claim is May 6, 2019.
- Proof of Claim Form and instructions
- Meeting of Creditors scheduled on March 1, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
- David O. Simon, Bankruptcy Trustee
- Trustee's Interim Report filed April 3, 2019
- Minutes Meeting of Creditors filed August 2, 2019
- Trustee's Interim Report filed April 28, 2020