Undergraduate | Graduate
Field Instructors & Task Supervisors
Orientation Sessions - required
- New Undergraduate or Graduate Field Instructors along with Task Supervisors are only required to attend one scheduled Field Instructor Orientation.
- New Field Advisory meetings are now open to both undergraduate, graduate field instructors and assigned task supervisors. Orientations/Meetings will no longer separate our undergraduate and graduate field instructors.
Upcoming Field Instructor Orientation Sessions
- Friday, September 9, 2016, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Wayne College - Room A 226- completed
- Friday, September 16, 2016, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Lakewood Campus - Room 112 - completed
- Friday, September 23, 2016, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Akron Campus - CBA Building, Room 105*- completed
[College of Business Administration, Park in Lot 49, West Campus| Polsky Deck, 275 South High Street, Akron, OH]
Spring 2017 | Online Registration
- Friday, February 3, 2017, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Akron Campus | School of Social Work| Computer Lab| Parking Pass
- Field Instructor/ Task Supervisor Prerequisites
- Completion of a two hour Field Instructor Orientation Session is a prerequisite for being a field instructor/task supervisor/preceptor for our social work students.
- The Orientation Session covers both the philosophical underpinnings of the field program and a walk-through of all field documentation necessary to ensure CSWE and University compliance, as well as optimal student development.
- Three Field Instructor Orientation Sessions are usually scheduled in fall semester (at all 3 campuses) and one in spring semester (on main campus-Akron).
- Field Instructors/Task Supervisors/Preceptors need only attend one session.
- Field Instructor Orientation Sessions meet in a computer-lab to support computer-mediated instruction parallel student field orientations
BA/BASW Field Instructor Requirements - Bachelor's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with agency/organization.
MSW Field Instructor Requirements - Master's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with your agency/organization.