Undergraduate | Graduate
Field Instructors & Task Supervisors
Orientation Sessions - required
- New Undergraduate or Graduate Field Instructors along with Task Supervisors are only required to attend one scheduled Field Instructor Orientation.
- New Field Advisory meetings are now open to both undergraduate, graduate field instructors and assigned task supervisors. Orientations/Meetings will no longer separate our undergraduate and graduate field instructors.
Upcoming Field Instructor Orientation Sessions
Academic Year 2015-16
- Friday, September 25, 2015, 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Akron Campus [Social Work Computer Lab, Polsky Bldg., Room 411] Completed
- Thursday, October 29, 2015 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Wayne College [Computer Lab, Room A226] Completed
- Friday, November 6, 2015 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Lakewood Campus [Computer Lab] Completed
- Friday, February 12, 2016, 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Akron Campus [Social Work Computer Lab, Polsky Bldg., Room 411] Date change -Wednesday, March 23, 2016, 12 noon. - 2 p.m. no room change
- Orientation Outline
12 noon. -2:00 p.m. - Field Instructor Orientation - required
- Field Instructor/ Task Supervisor Prerequisites
- Completion of a two hour Field Instructor Orientation Session is a prerequisite for being a field instructor/task supervisor/preceptor for our social work students.
- The Orientation Session covers both the philosophical underpinnings of the field program and a walk-through of all field documentation necessary to ensure CSWE and University compliance, as well as optimal student development.
- Field Instructor Orientation Sessions are usually scheduled once per semester.
- Field Instructors/Task Supervisors/Preceptors need only attend one session.
- Field Instructor Orientation Sessions meet at the university in one of the School of Social Work's main classrooms in the Polsky Building.
BA/BASW Field Instructor Requirements - Bachelor's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with agency/organization.
MSW Field Instructor Requirements - Master's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with your agency/organization.