Undergraduate | Graduate
Field Instructors & Task Supervisors
Orientation Sessions - required
- New Undergraduate or Graduate Field Instructors along with Task Supervisors are only required to attend one scheduled Field Instructor Orientation.
- New Field Advisory meetings are now open to both undergraduate, graduate field instructors and assigned task supervisors. Orientations/Meetings will no longer separate our undergraduate and graduate field instructors.
Upcoming Field Instructor Orientation Sessions
Academic Year 2017-18 Field Instructor Orientation Agenda
Fall 2017 | Online Registration -click here
- Friday, September 8, 2017 |11 a.m. -1:30 p.m. | Wayne College - Room A 226 completed
- Friday, September 15, 2017 | 11 a.m. -1:30 p.m. | Lakewood Public Library | Meeting Room | 15425 Detroit Avenue | Lakewood, Ohio 44107 | Library's # 216.226.8275 | Helpful if bring laptop for this site only completed
- Friday, September 29, 2017 | 11 a.m. -1:30 p.m. | Akron Campus - College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) | Computer Lab| Room 103A
Spring 2018 | Online Registration - click here - Only one site available this semester
- Friday, February 9, 2018 | 11 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Akron Campus | College of Arts & Sciences (CAS)| Computer Lab| Room 103A
Academic Year 2016-17
Fall 2016 | Online Registration
- Friday, September 9, 2016, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Wayne College - Room A 226- completed
- Friday, September 16, 2016, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Lakewood Campus - Room 112 - completed
- Friday, September 23, 2016, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Akron Campus - CBA Building, Room 105*- completed
[College of Business Administration, Park in Lot 49, West Campus| Polsky Deck, 275 South High Street, Akron, OH]
Spring 2017 | Online Registration
- Friday, February 3, 2017, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Akron Campus | School of Social Work| Computer Lab| Parking Pass completed
- Field Instructor/ Task Supervisor Prerequisites
- Completion of a two hour Field Instructor Orientation Session is a prerequisite for being a field instructor/task supervisor/preceptor for our social work students.
- The Orientation Session covers both the philosophical underpinnings of the field program and a walk-through of all field documentation necessary to ensure CSWE and University compliance, as well as optimal student development.
- Three Field Instructor Orientation Sessions are usually scheduled in fall semester (at all 3 campuses) and one in spring semester (on main campus-Akron).
- Field Instructors/Task Supervisors/Preceptors need only attend one session.
- Field Instructor Orientation Sessions meet in a computer-lab to support computer-mediated instruction parallel student field orientations
BA/BASW Field Instructor Requirements - Bachelor's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with agency/organization.
MSW Field Instructor Requirements - Master's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with your agency/organization.