Undergraduate | Graduate
Field Instructors & Task Supervisors
Orientation Sessions - required
- New Undergraduate or Graduate Field Instructors along with Task Supervisors are only required to attend one scheduled Field Instructor Orientation.
- New Field Advisory meetings are now open to both undergraduate, graduate field instructors and assigned task supervisors. Orientations/Meetings will no longer separate our undergraduate and graduate field instructors.
Upcoming Field Instructor Orientation Sessions
Academic Year 2016-17
- Friday, September 9, 2016, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Wayne College - details coming soon!
- Friday, September 16, 2016, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Lakewood Campus - Room 112
- Friday, September 23, 2016, 11 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Akron Campus details coming soon!
- Dates coming soon!
- Orientation Outline
11:00 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. - Field Instructor Orientation - required
- Field Instructor/ Task Supervisor Prerequisites
- Completion of a two hour Field Instructor Orientation Session is a prerequisite for being a field instructor/task supervisor/preceptor for our social work students.
- The Orientation Session covers both the philosophical underpinnings of the field program and a walk-through of all field documentation necessary to ensure CSWE and University compliance, as well as optimal student development.
- Field Instructor Orientation Sessions are usually scheduled once per semester.
- Field Instructors/Task Supervisors/Preceptors need only attend one session.
- Field Instructor Orientation Sessions meet at the university in one of the School of Social Work's main classrooms in the Polsky Building.
BA/BASW Field Instructor Requirements - Bachelor's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with agency/organization.
MSW Field Instructor Requirements - Master's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with your agency/organization.