Undergraduate & Graduate Field Instructors & Task Supervisors
- New Undergraduate or Graduate Field Instructors along with Task Supervisors are only required to attend one scheduled Field Instructor Orientation.
- New Field Advisory meetings are now open to both undergraduate, graduate field instructors and assigned task supervisors. Orientations/Meetings will no longer separate our undergraduate and graduate field instructors.
Upcoming Field Instructor Orientation Sessions- Required
Academic Year 2015-16
- Friday, September 25, 2015, 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Akron Campus [Social Work Computer Lab, Polsky Bldg., Room 411] Completed
- Thursday, October 29, 2015 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Wayne College [Computer Lab, Room A226] Completed
- Friday, November 6, 2015 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Lakewood Campus [Computer Lab]
- Friday, February 12, 2016, 10 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Akron Campus [Social Work Computer Lab, Polsky Bldg., Room 411]
- Orientation Outline
10 a.m. -11 a.m. - Q & A with field team- optional
11 a.m. -1:30 p.m. - Field Instructor Orientation - required
- Field Instructor/ Task Supervisor Prerequisites
- Completion of a two hour Field Instructor Orientation Session is a prerequisite for being a field instructor/task supervisor/preceptor for our social work students.
- The Orientation Session covers both the philosophical underpinnings of the field program and a walk-through of all field documentation necessary to ensure CSWE and University compliance, as well as optimal student development.
- Field Instructor Orientation Sessions are usually scheduled once per semester.
- Field Instructors/Task Supervisors/Preceptors need only attend one session.
- Field Instructor Orientation Sessions meet at the university in one of the School of Social Work's main classrooms in the Polsky Building.
BA/BASW Field Instructor Requirements - Bachelor's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with agency/organization.
MSW Field Instructor Requirements - Master's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with your agency/organization.
Upcoming Field Advisory Meetings Schedule- Optional
Academic Year 2015-16
Fall 2015- Friday, October 2, 2015, 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. @ Akron Campus, Rm 499, Polsky Bldg. Completed
Spring 2026 - Friday, February 5, 2016, 10:00 a.m. 11:30 a.m. @ Akron Campus, Rm 499, Polsky Bldg.
- Field Advisory meetings are open, optional meetings for both field instructors and task supervisors.
- The purpose of these meetings are for preceptors/field instructors/task supervisors to provide feedback and make recommendations to the university-school of social work on best practices in the field, and trends in student performance. It is during these meetings that the field coordinator provides the field with academic updates (ie. curriculum, school changes/revisions), student concerns and/or trends, and provide feedback on any recommendations adopted by the school of social work.
- The field advisory meetings provide a meaningful opportunity to have, and use one collective 'voice'- academia and practice. It is with this collective 'voice' that each cohort of social work students are intentionally trained as effective generalist social workers.
- The Field Advisory Meetings occur once per semester for about 1.5 hours and historically meet at the university in one of the School of Social Work's main classrooms in the Polsky Building.
Field Instructor & Task Supervisor Documentation/ Support
- Agency Roster -NEW Web-based Roster
- Field Calendars
- Field Instructor Orientation Overview - Part I
- Field Instructor Navigation - Part II
[required of all field instructors, task supervisors, & agencies]
upon completion, please submit electronically to: email@example.com
- College of Health Professions/University-approved Affiliation Agreement
- Field Instructor Application-
- Task Instructor Application- Coming Soon!
- Agency Roster Application Form- Coming Soon!