Undergraduate | Graduate
Field Instructors & Task Supervisors
Orientation Schedule - Requirement
- New Undergraduate or Graduate Field Instructors along with Task Supervisors are only required to attend one scheduled Field Instructor Orientation.
- New Field Advisory meetings are now open to both undergraduate, graduate field instructors and assigned task supervisors. Orientations/Meetings will no longer separate our undergraduate and graduate field instructors.
- Field Instructor Supplemental Readings - connecting research & theory to practice
- Field Instructor Orientation Agenda
Field Instructor/ Task Supervisor Prerequisites
- Completion of a two hour Field Instructor Orientation Session is a prerequisite for being a field instructor/task supervisor/preceptor for our social work students.
- The Orientation Session covers both the philosophical underpinnings of the field program and a walk-through of all field documentation necessary to ensure CSWE and University compliance, as well as optimal student development.
- Three Field Instructor Orientation Sessions are usually scheduled in fall semester (at all 3 campuses) and one in spring semester (on main campus-Akron).
- Field Instructors/Task Supervisors/Preceptors need only attend one session.
- Field Instructor Orientation Sessions meet in a computer-lab to support computer-mediated instruction parallel student field orientations
BA/BASW Field Instructor Requirements - Bachelor's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with agency/organization.
MSW Field Instructor Requirements - Master's in Social Work from an accredited university, two years post-graduation experience, and a minimum of one year with your agency/organization.
Upcoming Field Instructor Orientation Schedule
Academic Year 2018-19
Fall 2018 | Online Registration - coming soon!
- Friday, September 7, 2018 coming soon!
- Friday, September 14, 2018 coming soon!
- Friday, September 21, 2018 | 8:30 a.m. - 10 :30 a.m. | Akron Campus - College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) | 255 East Buchtel | Computer Lab | Room 103A | See Parking Map | North Campus Deck - Lot 26 | Commuter Lot 24- outdoor parking lot next to CAS building
Academic Year 2017-18
Spring 2018 | Online Registration - click here - Only one site available this semester
- Friday, February 9, 2018 | 11 a.m. -1:30 p.m. Akron Campus | College of Arts & Sciences (CAS)| 255 East Buchtel |Computer Lab| Room 103A | See Parking Map | North Campus Deck- Lot 26 |Commuter Lot 24- outdoor parking lot next to CAS building