Master of Social Work (MSW) at Lakewood Campus
The MSW Program offers:
- Preparation for the advanced practice of social work
- A degree program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Evening courses
- Regional field placements
- Advanced standing program for qualifying students with a BSW
2020 MSW Application Information - UA Lakewood
- Lakewood MSW Admissions Cover Letter
- Lakewood MSW Admission Guidelines
- Lakewood MSW Preferred Program Format Form
- Lakewood MSW Applicant Recommendation Form
- The University of Akron Graduate School Application
Note: The application fee for domestic and international MSW applicants is waived until June 30, 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the admission deadline?
- November 15, 2020: Deadline for applications to the full-time and part-time programs for Spring, 2021.
- February 1, 2021: Review of the applications will begin for Advanced Standing for Summer, 2021.
- March 31, 2021: Deadline for applications to the Advanced Standing program for Summer, 2021.
- When do classes begin?
- Full-time program: January 2021
- Advanced Standing: June 2021
- Do I need to attend any orientation sessions? Yes, you will need to attend two orientations: Field Orientation & Program Orientation.
- Mandatory Field Orientation: TBA
- Mandatory MSW Program Orientation: TBA
- Wondering about your field education experience? Students may complete their field placements in the Cuyahoga area or at agencies throughout the Northeast Ohio area (Click here).
- Who can I contact for additional assistance? Please contact Monica Ascar at email@example.com
The Lakewood site is at Lakewood High School, 14100 Franklin Blvd., Lakewood, OH 44107.
The Lakewood library is nearby and designated as an OhioLink site. Books, articles, and other library materials can be ordered from the main campus and will be delivered to the Lakewood library, 15425 Detroit Ave. Lakewood, OH 44107.