MSW Program Overview- UA Lakewood Campus
The MSW Program offers:
- Preparation for the advanced practice of social work
- A degree program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Evening courses
- Regional field placements
- Advanced standing program for qualifying students with a BSW
Join us for an Open House on Wednesday, August 23rd, 4-7 pm.
2018 MSW Application Information - UA Lakewood
Note: Effective July 1, Dr. Melissa McCollister is a new point person as the Lakewood Coordinator. If you are an applicant, please make sure to submit your application forms to her.
* Please note an increase in graduate application fees:
- Application for A Graduate Assistantship should be sent electronically to email@example.com
(Please note: The School of Social Work does not require three additional references when applying for a graduate assistantship.)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- What is the admission deadline?
- October 7, 2017: Deadline for applications to the full-time program
- February 16, 2018: Deadline for summer Advanced Standing cohort
- When do classes begin?
- Full-time program: January 16, 2018
- Advanced Standing: June, TBA, 2018
- Do I need to attend any orientation sessions? Yes, you will need to attend two orientations: Field Orientation & Program Orientation.
Mandatory Field Orientation: May, TBA, 2018
Mandatory MSW Program Orientation: May, TBA, 2018
- What information can you provide about parking? There is a parking lot behind The University of Akron Lakewood campus, but it is not owned by the university.
The parking lot owner charges every car that enters the parking lot before 6:30pm. If you take a parking ticket when you enter the lot, you are required to pay when you leave.
This map highlights additional parking options for students. There are many metered parking options available in the area surrounding the university.
Parking meters are in effect Monday-Friday until 6pm and take quarters only. There are also many side streets around Lakewood that have un-metered street parking as an option.
- Wondering about your field education experience? Students may complete their field placements in the Cuyahoga area or at agencies throughout the Northeast Ohio area (Click here).
- Who can I contact for additional assistance? Dr. Melissa McCollister, Lakewood Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-221-1141
Location, location, location!
- The Lakewood site is located at Lakewood High School, located at 14100 Franklin Blvd., Lakewood.
- The Lakewood library is nearby and designated as an OhioLink site. Books, articles, and other library materials can be ordered from the main campus and will be delivered to the Lakewood library.