Master of Social Work offered at UA's Akron campus
The MSW Program offers:
- Preparation for the advanced practice of social work
- A degree program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Part-time study
- Evening/weekend courses
- Regional field placements
- Advanced standing program for qualifying students with a BSW
How to apply
2020 MSW Application Information-UA Main Campus
- MSW Admissions Cover Letter
- MSW Admission Guidelines
- MSW Preferred Program Format
- MSW Applicant Recommendation Form
Please note revised graduate application fees:
- First time Domestic Applicants: $45
- First time International Applicants: $70
- Reapplication: $45
Frequently asked questions
What is the admission deadline?
- Feb. 1, 2020: Review of the applications for Advanced Standing, full-time, and part-time will begin.
- Feb. 15, 2020: Priority admissions for Advanced Standing, full-time, and part-time
- March 31, 2020: Deadline for applications to the Advanced Standing program
- May 15, 2020: Deadline for applications to the full-time program
- June 1, 2020: Deadline for applications to the part-time program
When do classes begin?
- Advanced Standing evening program: Summer, 2020
- Full-time & part-time programs: Fall, 2020
Do I need to attend an orientation sessions?
Yes, you will need to attend two orientations: Field Orientation & Program Orientation.
What should I expect for my field education experience?
Students may complete their field placements at agencies throughout the Northeast Ohio area (Click here).
Who can I contact for additional assistance?
Please call 330-972-5275 or e-mail email@example.com.