Master of Social Work offered at Wayne College
Our MSW program offers:
- Preparation for the advanced practice of social work
- A degree program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
- Evening courses
- Regional field placements
- Advanced standing program for qualifying students with a BSW
How to apply
- Wayne College MSW Admissions Cover Letter
- Wayne College MSW Admission Guidelines
- Wayne College MSW Preferred Program Format Form
- Wayne College MSW Applicant Recommendation Form
- The University of Akron Graduate School Application
*Please note a revision to graduate application fees:
First time Domestic Applicants: $45
First time International Applicants: $70
Frequently asked questions
When can I submit my application for admission? Immediately
What is the admission deadline?
- February 1, 2020: Review of the applications for Advanced Standing, full-time, and part-time will begin.
- February 15, 2020: Priority admissions for Advanced Standing, full-time, and part-time
- April 15, 2020: Deadline for applications to the Advanced Standing program
- June 15, 2020: Deadline for applications to both the full-time and part-time programs
Do I need to attend any orientation sessions? Yes, you will need to attend two orientations: Field Orientation & Program Orientation.
What information can you provide about parking? Parking at Wayne College is free and readily available in several lots for student use.
Wondering about your field education experience? Students may complete their field placements in the Wayne County area or at agencies in the Canton-Akron area.Learn more.
Who can I contact for additional assistance? Please contact Robert Terry, MSW Wayne Coordinator, at 330-972-8790 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wayne College is at 1901 Smucker Rd., Orrville, Ohio 44667, set upon 160 acres on the north edge of the city of Orrville. A short drive from home can lead you to an exciting new career or the opportunity for promotion in a field you already love!
- Parking is free and readily available in several student parking areas on campus.
- Wayne College has its own library and is designated as an OhioLink site. Books, articles, and other library materials can be ordered from the main campus as needed and will be delivered to the Wayne College library