Intramural Sports at UA
The vision of the Intramural Sports program is to provide a variety of organized sport programs which enhance the social, mental, and physical well-being of the campus community. The Intramural Sports program is designed to offer opportunities for students, faculty and staff of The University of Akron to participate in sports experiences, which will contribute to the development of leadership, team-building and communication skills, among others. By offering a wide spectrum of recreational activities in an organized atmosphere, we hope that participants will build a sense of community with their peers, and expand on their Akron Experience via co-curricular learning outside of the classroom.
Our aim is to provide the following opportunities for everyone involved:
- Develop positive interpersonal relationships
- Encourage good sportsmanship
- Maintain health and fitness
- Gain an appreciation for diversity
- Promote The University of Akron
- HAVE FUN!
The Intramural Sports program consists of a number of different components, each offering a unique experience to participating individuals:
- Special Events
- Sport Ladders
- Futsal League (Register online by 1/22 at 6pm)
- Battleship Tournament (Register online by 1/22 at 6pm)
- Volleyball League (Register online by 1/22 at 6pm)
- Bowling League (Register online by 1/29 at 6pm)