|Student (*assessed)||individual||No Cost||n/a||n/a||n/a||No Cost||No Cost|
|Student (**not enrolled)||individual||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||$70||$125|
|Student (***not assessed)||individual||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||$70||$110|
|Student - Secondary||Secondary applicant1,2||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||$105||$125|
|Family Membership||16 yrs old and under||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||$20/child||$20/child|
|Family Membership||16 yrs old and under||$60/child||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|w/ secondary applicant1||$348||$270||$154||$58||n/a||n/a|
|w/ secondary applicant1||$420||$342||$190||$70||n/a||n/a|
|w/ secondary applicant1||$1,145||$710||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
*Assessed students: students who pay the appropriate facility fee per semester
**Not enrolled students: students who were enrolled in the previous semester, but not in the current semester
***Not assessed students: students who do not pay the appropriate facility fee per semester
****Faculty & Staff may choose one additional person over the age of 17 for their +1
1 Must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a membership, guest pass or multi visit pass (A sponsor must be present at time of purchase).
2 Primary Student member must be assessed or paying the not assessed fee as listed in the table.
Photo ID required for all memberships
Membership Fee Understanding
Thank you for joining the University of Akron’s Student Recreation and Wellness Services (SRWS). In order to accurately place you in the appropriate membership category, we will contact the necessary offices to verify your status.
If you were placed in the wrong membership category we will need to adjust your account, which may acquire a change in the fee. You will be given the option of accepting the new and appropriate rate for your membership category or you can get a refund for the membership.
Membership categories are defined as:
- Alumni: Graduated from The University of Akron with a degree. Only taking classes will not qualify for an alumni membership.
- Affiliate: Employees of an organization that has an existing relationship with The University of Akron. (i.e. employee with Barnes and Noble)
- Retiree: Must be a retired faculty/staff member of The University of Akron.
- Student Non Enrolled: A student that is currently not enrolled, but took classes the previous semester.
- Student Not Assessed: A current University of Akron student that is not assessed the appropriate facility fee as part of their tuition.
This is a list of examples provided and is not all inclusive. Final decisions regarding membership classification is made by SRWS.
Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org