The mission of The University of Akron's Student Services Center is to enhance the academic experience by building a respected, world-class customer service team to help students achieve their educational potential. The Center accomplishes this by:
- Moving to fully integrated services, eliminating the need for students to be shuttled from counter to counter.
- Providing services to students in person, by phone, and by e-mail to free individual departments to focus on processing.
- Educating our students and their families by providing quality consumer information.
- Respecting the dignity and diversity of each of our students by providing services that do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age or economic status.
- Ensuring the confidentially of our students' information.
- Encouraging students to assume responsibility for their educational decisions and experiences.
- Collaborating with the academic units within the University to increase enrollment and improve the quality of the student experience.
- Becoming aware of local, state and national issues and laws that may affect students and serving as advocates for their interests.
Who we are...
Interim Associate Director, Student Services CenterErin FarnsworthPhone: 330-972-6336 Fax: 330-972-5977Student Services Specialists:Andrea DaleTheresa DownsNeadra FergusonBeth MandlDenise MilkovichLeslie Wagner
The University of Akron
Student Services Center
Simmons Hall Lobby
Akron, OH 44325-6219
Monday, Thursday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. *
Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
*Except during University holidays and breaks, when the office closes at 5 p.m.
Monday, Thursday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. **
Friday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
**Except during University holidays and breaks, when the office closes at 4:30 p.m.