Kelly Wade, M.A.
Title: Director, Distance Learning Program
- Joined the University of Akron faculty in 2006 as a clinical supervisor and instructor.
- Coordinator for the OMNIE Internship and Distance Learning Programs OMNIE is a grant funded through the Ohio Department of Education to train and place speech-language pathologists in public school positions.
- Coordinator of the Collaborative Distance Learning Graduate Speech-Language Pathology Program in partnership with the University of Cincinnati. This program offers a masters degree in speech-language pathology after successful completion of on-line academic coursework and clinical practicum requirements.
- Previously worked as a speech-language pathologist in the city and suburban school districts of Chicago with low-incidence students and then as a special education administrator overseeing services for early childhood special education programs.
- Wade. K. (Nov 2008). A Statewide Model for Alleviating the Shortage of SLP’s in the Schools. American Speech Language and Hearing Association annual conference: Chicago, IL.
- Wade, K. (Nov 2009). Ohio’s Comprehensive Approach in Education & Recruitment of School Clinicians. American Speech Language and Hearing Association annual conference: New Orleans, LA.
- Wade, K. (Nov 2011). Ohio’s Progress in Education and Recruitment of School Clinicians. American Speech Language Hearing Association annual conference: San Diego, CA.
- Articulatory and Phonological Disorders in children
- School based speech-language services
- American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Ohio Speech Language Hearing Association