Bachelor of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
Academic Information Session
Contact Person: Jenna Day
Phone: (330) 972-6163
The School of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology offers an undergraduate (preprofessional) and graduate program of academic and clinical training in speech-language pathology and audiology.
- Completion of the General Education requirements (42 credits)*
- Core coursework in speech-language pathology and audiology (42 credits)
- Students choose between a Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) which has a foreign language requirement (Spanish, German, French, Italian, or American Sign Language) and a Bachelor of Arts - Tagged degree (BAT) for the non-foreign language option
- Electives and Extra Courses - 28-30 credits
- Students are advised to select certificate programs and minors that apply to the fields of audiology and speech-language pathology
Coursework in human anatomy and physiology, physics or chemistry, psychology or sociology, and statistics are required to fulfill American Speech-Language-Hearing Association standards.
Advising Appointment for Current UA Students
Current University of Akron students may schedule an advising appointment with the College of Health Professions by visiting the online advising scheduling system here.
Applying to Grad School?
Undergraduate Mission Statement:
The undergraduate program in speech-language pathology and audiology at The University of Akron provides instruction in the basic components of the discipline in order to prepare the student to apply to a graduate program.