Bachelor of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
Contact Person: Jenna Day
Phone: (330) 972-6163
The School of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology offers an undergraduate (preprofessional) and graduate program of academic and clinical training in speech-language pathology and audiology.
- Completion of the General Education requirements (42 credits)*
- Core coursework in speech-language pathology and audiology (42 credits)
- Students choose between a Bachelor of Arts degree (BA) which has a foreign language requirement (Spanish, German, French, Italian, or American Sign Language) and a Bachelor of Arts - Tagged degree (BAT) for the non-foreign language option
- Electives and Extra Courses - 28-30 credits
- Students are advised to select certificate programs and minors that apply to the fields of audiology and speech-language pathology
Coursework in human anatomy and physiology, physics or chemistry, psychology or sociology, and statistics are required to fulfill American Speech-Language-Hearing Association standards.
Current University of Akron students may schedule an advising appointment with Mrs. Nancy Harris in the School of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology by visiting the College of Health Professions online advising scheduling system here.
Applying to Grad School?
Undergraduate Mission Statement:
The undergraduate program in speech-language pathology and audiology at The University of Akron provides instruction in the basic components of the discipline in order to prepare the student to apply to a graduate program.