Leadership Certificate Program
Applications have closed for 2014-2015 cohort. Please look back for the 2015-2016 application in August 2015
- What is the Leadership Certificate Program?
The Leadership Certificate Program is an opportunity for students interested in furthering their leadership development to get practical education and experience.
- What are the benefits of leadership certification?
Certification allows you to market yourself after graduation from The University of Akron by developing your personal and career-oriented skills in leadership, ethics and values, team building, and more. It broadens your awareness of social issues through service learning and you will also begin to understand and respect the perspectives of others.
- Who can apply?
Students must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for acceptance into the program:
All undergraduate students enrolled at The University of Akron are eligible candidates.
Admission into the Leadership Certificate Program requires the following:
1. Complete and submit the Leadership Certificate Program Application.
2. Complete an in-person interview with a Leadership Programs staff member.
3. Maintain a 2.75 GPA or higher.
- What is required to earn the Certificate?
1. Students must complete the LPI 360 upon admission.
2. Students must complete 25 hours of community service.
3. Students must meet with their Leadership Coach 2 times per semester.
4. Students must earn 15 points by attending on-campus leadership development events.
- What is the LPI 360?
The Student LPI 360 is based The Leadership Challenge, developed by renowned leadership experts Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner. Learn more about The Leadership Challenge here:
- How long does Certification take?
Certification is intended to be completed during one academic year. Based on your availability to attend programs and events, some students may complete the certification sooner.
- How much does Certification cost?
Certification is free!
- Who do I contact with any further questions?
You can visit the Center for Service and Leadership located on the first floor of the Student Union. Phone 330.972.7157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org