- Organizations can also use the OrgSync messaging capabilities to e-mail their members.
Workstation and Storage Space
- Student organization pods and storage cabinets are located within the Student Union’s Center for Service and Leadership. These spaces are allocated on a one-year cycle. These spaces will be up for reallocation in Fall 2016 – an application and announcement will be shared via OrgSync to all registered student organizations.
- The SOuRCe offers training for presidents, advisors, and all other officers! Training sessions are an opportunity for student leaders and advisors to learn about requirements, responsibilities, and resources available to registered student organizations.
- We provide a variety of trainings in the beginning of each semester – some of which are mandatory based on registration.
- The SOuRCe also offers individualized workshops that can be customized to your organization's needs or you’re welcome to join us at a pre-planned in-person training.
- We have a trained staff that can provide various leadership and organization management training for your group –contact us for more information!
- The SOuRCe also offers Student Organization Leadership Videos (SOLV) which can be found on our website and OrgSync.
- To set up a training or attend an upcoming session, contact us at 330.972.2483 or email@example.com.
Event Spaces and Catering
- Student organizations can reserve meeting and event spaces in the Student Union at a discounted rate.
- View event spaces in the Student Union
- If you are looking to plan an event outdoors, please visit the SOuRCe for the correct form and process – requests must be received at least ten business days in advance
- Student organizations are required to follow the University’s policies and procedures when utilizing space or taking part in other activities.
- The University of Akron has a contract with Coca Cola to provide the opportunity for student organizations to benefit from FREE products. Organizations interested in taking advantage of this program are asked to request items of their choice at least ten business days prior to your planned event. The request form can be found on OrgSync.
Fall and Spring Semester
Market your Organization!