What is OrgSync?
OrgSync is a web application that allows students and faculty to join, organize, manage and communicate with registered student organizations and their members. OrgSync's layout resembles "Facebook" but is strictly for University of Akron's campus.
If your student organization is interested in learning more about OrgSync, come to one of our bi-monthly OrgSync trainings.
Benefits of OrgSync
- OrgSync encourages student involvement and awareness by making it easier to find registered campus organizations and communicate with their members.
- Within OrgSync you can browse all registered student organizations and start your Akron Experience by being involved and engaged in campus life!
- Students are also able to keep an official record of involvement, create an ePortfolio, and utilize a personal calendar of events or a virtual to-do list.
- OrgSync houses all necessary materials for campus organizations in one place.
- Within OrgSync, members of a campus organization may keep a log of past officers for reference purposes, post pictures, complete organization surveys, announce meeting schedules, post event information and more.
- Organization portals have many tools to help registered student organizations operate efficiently and virtually!
For example, OrgSync allows student organizations to:
- Be sustainable by moving all organization forms online for easy access and storage of collected data
- Register for new organizations online
- Promote events, meetings, speakers, and programs using the calendar feature
- Communicate with group members or other groups via email, message, discussion board, or text message
- Store files for easy officer transitions from year to year
- Create an organizational website
- Create an OrgSync account by logging into My Akron, clicking the symbol at the bottom of this page or by going to www.orgsync.com
- Log in to OrgSync with your UANet ID and password. If you are a new user, you will need to complete the basic profile information.
- Once logged in, you will automatically be placed in the University group: Get Involved!. The Get Involved! portal allows you to have access to upcoming events and see student organization information.
- From here you can also start to Search or Join organizations on campus.
- At the top of the Community Homepage click “Browse Organizations”
- From here, you can search for an organization by name, category, or keyword. Click on the name of a student organization to learn more about their mission/purpose.
- Click “Join Now” to become a part of an organization. Some organizations require a request. Enter a request to join this organization and click “Submit Request”
Fall and Spring Semester
Market your Organization!
UA students, faculty/staff or alumni can log in by visiting www.uakron.edu/orgsync. Here, you’ll be prompted to provide your UANet ID and password. First-time users will be directed to set-up their profiles.
Once you have logged in, click on the green "Browse Organizations" button near the top of the Community Page. Here, you can browse our list of organizations and can request to join them to stay involved!
- First, make sure that the person to whom you need to grant “administrative” access is a member of your organization on OrgSync.
- Once he or she is added, a current administrator can search for them using the "People" tab within the group's page and choose to elevate them to "administrator" status within the organization by clicking the "Options" button next to their name and modifying their current "Account Group".
- Administrative access will provide a particular person with complete access and rights to manage a group's OrgSync portal.
- It is recommended to limit the number of administrators.
- Administrators of groups can add events to their group’s calendar by clicking on the "Calendar" function within the group's page.
- Click on the desired date and choose to "Create Event".
- Once you fill out the event details, be sure to click "Request to share this event on the community calendar".
- This will send a message to the SOuRCe that a posting needs to be reviewed.
- Due to limited space, we are unable to post weekly meetings to the calendar and other events will be approved with Student Life employee discretion.
Organizations can utilize the website builder as an administrator of a group by clicking the "Website" tab within the group's page. Should you need assistance building your site, contact Alison Doehring at firstname.lastname@example.org
The SOuRCe hosts trainings throughout the fall and spring semesters that allow for you to have a more hands-on training. Contact the SOuRCe to organize a training to help you or your group best utilize OrgSync by emailing one of our Graduate Assistants at email@example.com