If you have any interest or questions regarding creating a new student organization please contact the GA, SOuRCe at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Student Organization Development Packet Documents
The New Student Organization Development Packet consists of seven documents. The Recognition Agreement, Terms and Conditions, and Cover Letter must be submitted in hard copy form complete with signatures. The Constitution must be submitted electronically as an attachment. The Charter Member Roster and New Group Registration form may be submitted to the Graduate Assistant, SOuRCe either in hard copy form or electronically. Why statement, first year plan and S.M.A.R.T Goals may be submitted electronically or hard copy. All documents being sent electronically should be sent to email@example.com who will then review the documents to assure that all requirements have been met.
Cover letterThis letter is written to the SOuRCe Graduate Assistant and must contain the President’s signature. It should also include:
- A synopsis of the organization's purpose.
- Statement of goals and objectives.
- Why the organization wants to be recognized.
- If the prospective organization has affiliation with a local, regional or national organization.
- A template to assist in preparing the group's constitution is available on-line in PDF format. All required sections denoted in red must be present in the constitution.
Charter Member Roster (.doc)
- Prospective organizations must complete the Charter Member Roster Form with a minimum of ten (10) currently enrolled, part-time or full-time University of Akron students, who are in Good Standing with the University. On this form must be the names and student identification numbers of all potential members so that we will be to verify the student's status.
Recognition Agreement (.doc)
- Prospective organizations must review the Recognition Agreement, providing the signature of both the president and campus advisor. By signing this document, the organization indicates that the organization president and Campus Advisor understand the policies and procedures outlined and agree to comply. Both the President and Campus Advisor must print their names and sign the agreement.
Terms and Conditions (.doc)
- Prospective organizations must review the Terms and Conditions, providing the signature of both the president and Campus Advisor. By signing this document, the organization indicates that the organization president and campus advisor understand the policies and procedures outlined and agree to comply. Both the president and Campus Advisor must print their names and sign the document.
New Group Registration Form (.doc)
- Upon official recognition by the University, annual registration is required and must be submitted to the Department of Student Life with other documents, as required.
- An organization that fails to register over a five year period is subject to the process of starting a new student organization.
- Registered organizations are required to submit a revised constitution as changes occur.
- All recognized student organizations must have a Campus Advisor. The Campus Advisor must be a full-time faculty member or a contract professional. A Campus Advisor’s eligibility and approval is determined by the Department of Student Life.
Fall and Spring Semester
Market your Organization!