College of Applied Science and Technology

Transfer in to The College of Applied Science and Technology (CAST)

Do you wish to transfer to UA’s CAST from another institution? Are you ready to move on to a four-year degree program at UA or another school? Whatever your plans, we’ve got easy steps to follow to ease the transition.

To begin study at CAST after attending another school, visit our Transfer Student Services Center for helpful information on applying, transferring your credits, etc.

If you are a CAST student who has declared a major and met the pre-admission requirements to be accepted into a four-year degree program at UA or another school, contact your adviser. Together, the two of you will complete an Inter-College Transfer (ICT). See the Academic Advising Syllabus for more information.

If you find a major in CAST and want to transfer in, talk to your academic adviser.

Transfer out of CAST

Students who are admitted to CAST may later declare their major and, after you meet pre-admission requirements for your degree-granting college, you and an adviser will complete an ICT (Inter-College Transfer). (An ICT is essentially an application for admission to your degree-granting college.)

Students are required to transfer to their bachelors degree program by the time they have completed 82 credit hours.

For selective majors (Nursing, Education, Radiology, etc), your admittance to the degree-granting college is exactly that – you have been admitted to your college. Other pre-admission requirements must be met BEFORE you can be admitted to your major. You should discuss all pre-admission requirements with an adviser before you begin the transfer process.

You must see an adviser to complete the ICT, and your adviser will send your application to the degree-granting college. If approved, it will be signed by the Dean of the degree-granting college and sent to the department that houses your major. You will receive notification of your admission, and you will be assigned a new adviser. It is important to work closely with your new adviser since he/she will guide you through your next set of student learning and expectations for advising.

Associate degree

Associate (2-year degree) students, this may not apply to you at this time. Completion of an associate degree will later require you to complete the ICT process if you choose to continue your education.

The Polsky Building at The University of Akron

The College of Applied Science and Technology
Part of The University of Akron
Location and parking

Office of the Dean
Polsky Building 215

List of college departments and programs

Advising Services

Undergraduate Admissions

The University of Akron

Akron, OH 44325
Phone: 330-972-7111
Contact us
Send mail & deliveries to UA