We support the educational, research, and outreach initiatives of the University by provisioning and managing telecommunications voice and video services and the development, design, and installation of the communications infrastructure for the benefit of the students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Department of Telecommunications: 330-972-5757 - email@example.com
- Telephone Repair: 330-972-8053 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voice Mail Help: 330-972-8668 - email@example.com
Director: Kathie Ruther, 330-972-7420
In support of this mission, the Department of Telecommunications will:
- Evaluate, develop, and maintain the University's electronic communications infrastructure, supporting data, voice, and video connections including direct support of campus distance learning initiatives.
- Provide and maintain the campus telephone system and all related services, including: long distance, dial-in access, voice mail, paging, cellular, 800#, calling card, directory assistance, and call center (ACD) applications.
- Facilitate the effective development, coordination, and delivery of other communications products and services across the campus.
- Operating as a self funding auxiliary division, create and implement rational funding models for telecommunications initiatives and services.
- Provide engineering, design services, and coordination for large scale capital projects.
- Provide outreach support for off campus sites requiring voice and data connectivity.
- Telephone Service
- Voice Mail
- Daily system administration (adds/moves/changes)
- Trouble Resolution
- Long Distance Calling
- Remote Administration (of other sites)
- Voice Wiring
- Data Wiring
- Directory Electronics
- Telecommunications General Project Management
- End User Training
- Small Office Telephone Systems
- Auto Call Distribution
- Telecommunications Invoicing
- 800 Services
- Call Center Planning/Projects
- Telecommunications Fraud Calls
- Cellular Phone Service
- Emergency Phones
- Campus Information
- Telephone Billing
- Calling Cards
Campus Zip +9010
100 Lincoln Street
Akron, OH 44325