- Business & Professional Development
- Career Training Programs
- Computer Training
- Exam Preparation - Testing
- Fire and Hazard Courses
- Healthcare Training Programs
- Insurance Programs
- Human Resources
- Project Management Courses
- Quality Improvement Programs
- Six Sigma
- ISO 13485 Audit Preparation
- The Sales Accelerator Online
- Kepner-Tregoe: Problem Solving & Decision Making
Meet the Instructor:
Rosemary Fitzpatrick, Learning Professional & Certified PMP, is a seasoned project manager with a consistent record of leading technology projects, production teams, learning development initiatives and business leaders for Turner Broadcasting Systems’ networks and theatrical companies. Throughout her career, Rosemary has been a conduit between technical production, theatrical management, training development/delivery and business operations – coordinating major components for successful outcomes. She has facilitated the project management process, collaborative teams, leadership development strategies, process improvements, integration of new technology, implementation of curriculum, support services, and managed partner relationships.
Alan L. Plastow, MAT, PMP is a highly experienced project management & executive management professional. He has directed projects in Fortune 100 enterprises within the aerospace, manufacturing, technology infrastructure systems, and service industries since 1993. As a serial entrepreneur, Plastow has successfully created 7 companies as well as designed three of the world’s leading technology portfolio management credential programs. Plastow is a published author and sought-after professional development speaker, having presented materials for American Institute of CPAs (AICPA), National Property Management Association (NPMA), Financial Executives International (FEI), Computer Associates (CAWorld), Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA) and other national/multinational venues. Plastow specializes in real world, applied techniques, delivering speaking and developmental topics ranging from project management, contract negotiations, human and organizational change management, stakeholder analysis and engagement, risk analysis and mitigation, IT infrastructure management, IT systems portfolio management, team building, and corporate copyright compliance assurance. Al also utilizes his project management competencies as a Search & Rescue Specialist, rated by the National Association of Search and Rescue as well as the Mountain Rescue Association.
225 S. Main St.
Akron, OH 44325-4104
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday - Friday
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Certificate in Applied Project Management
Gain the frontline, real-world skills and techniques you need to enhance your career and your company's projects. Learn the life cycle processes and knowledge areas of project management as defined by the NEW PMBOK®Guide, 6th edition. Build perspective in analyzing project potential and guiding project deliverables for on time, on budget results.
This program is designed for individuals who are new to project management, working project managers, managers, and project team members who wish to advance through exposure to formal project management methodologies.
- Receive a Certificate in Applied Project Management Excellence from The University of Akron.
- Develop and utilize a formal proven project methodology that we customize to your unique company, industry & corporate culture.
- Discover and correct the key project failure factors present in a majority of project environments.
- Establish a controlled project management environment that eliminates waste & delivers enhanced value.
- Build an effective project communications framework that strengthens credibility for yourself, your team, and your enterprise.
- Apply proven project management processes as defined by the PMBOK®Guide
- Pre-stage your project management career to meet or exceed Project Management Institute (PMI) standards for both the Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM) & the Project Management Professional (PMP) Credentials.
- Solidify requirements while gaining & maintaining the stakeholder support you need for project delivery.
- Eliminate false starts, optimize resources, get your projects done right the first time.
- Gain a clear understanding of how to accurately estimate and control project costs and schedules.
- Learn to identify and mitigate common project-related risks.
Dates: October 22 - 30 2018
Class meets: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Instructor: Alan Plastow, MAT, PMP
Location: The University of Akron, Main Campus
What our students say:
“Al Plastow is amazing. His combination of real world experience and PMI knowledge makes him a highly credible teacher. That in addition to his wry wit and superb speaking ability makes him by far one of the best teachers I have experienced. Thank you for hiring him to teach this course. I have already recommended it, and him, to others.” RB
“Sharing experiences with group of professional peers, trouble shooting, network building , marshmallow project. Al Plastow is a terrific instructor! The structu
re of the course encourages dynamic discussion and lots of interaction. Awesome course!” JK
“Al took the time to talk about our individual circumstances. Al was awesome! I will totally recommend this course and I look forward to taking the exam!” AW
Project Management Essentials
Franklin Covey’s Project Management Essentials™ For the Unofficial Project Manager will help participants consistently complete projects successfully by teaching them to implement a disciplined process to execute projects and to master informal authority.
- Understand that consistent project success depends on processes and people.
- Implement Four Foundational Behaviors that inspire their members to execute with excellence.
- Identify a project’s stakeholders.
- Establish clear and measurable project outcomes.
- Create a well-defined project scope statement.
- Identify, assess, and manage project risks.
- Create a realistic and well-defined project schedule.
- Hold team members accountable to project plans.
- Conduct consistent team-accountability sessions.
Monitor and Control
- Create a clear communication plan around their project that includes regular project status reports and project changes.
- Reward and recognize the contributions of project team members.
What You Receive:
- Participant guidebook
- Pocket Card Set
- USB Drive with printable tools
Dates: November 10, 2018
Class meets: Saturday 8:30AM-4:30PM
Project Leadership & Team Motivation
Great leadership includes having a vision, motivating and developing people, influencing change, controlling risks, and practicing excellent communication. This one-day interactive program is packed with techniques to help you assess your current abilities, develop new skills, and immediately apply what you learn.
Who should attend this program? This program is for emerging leaders and existing leaders at all levels who want to sharpen their skills.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Develop Your Leadership Vision
- Engage, Motivate and Develop Your Team
- Influence Organizational Change
- Take Control of Risks
- Communicate with Stakeholders and Leaders
- Activate Your Plan to Put Your Leadership and Team Motivation Skills to Work
Online PMP Prep Course
TNeed to study for the PMP Exam? Our online course covers the five process groups and nine knowledge areas of PMBOK®Guide, the PMP® code of ethics and professional conduct, and a review of general management topics that are in the PMP® examination.
Learn how to prepare for the Project Management Institute's prestigious PMP® certification exam. Master A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 6th edition--the essential resource for the PMP® certification exam.