- Business & Professional Development
- Career Training Programs
- Computer Training
- Exam Preparation - Testing
- Fire and Hazard Courses
- Healthcare Training Programs
- Insurance Programs
- Human Resources
- Project Management Courses
- Quality Improvement Programs
- Six Sigma
- ISO 13485 Audit Preparation
- The Sales Accelerator Online
- Kepner-Tregoe: Problem Solving & Decision Making
Workforce Training Solutions
225 S. Main St.
Akron, OH 44325-4104
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday - Friday
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Certification Prep
The Next-Generation Credentials for HR Professionals
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization. The HR profession is no longer just about what you know, but how you do your job.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™.) These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
Ensure you're prepared with The University of Akron's SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Certification Preparation, designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge of practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
There are 10 sessions in the class; however plan on 12 weeks as the instructor prefers to take two breaks to allow students to catch up. Robb Martin has achieved an 82% pass rate for the SHRM-CP exam.
The course investment includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP examinations.
Who should enroll:
- HR professionals qualified under SHRM requirements for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certification who are preparing for the exam. Visit: Exam Eligibility
Instructor: Robb Martin
Dates: February 11 - April 15, 2019
Class meets: Mondays from 5:30 PM to 9:00 PM
Location: The University of Akron, Akron Campus
SHRM Essentials in Human Resources
Human resource issues impact every company in some way. That's why it's important to understand the fundamental issues surrounding HR today.
This course provides an introductory overview of the human resource function. Whether you are new to HR or if HR is one of many roles you fulfill at your company, this program covers the key HR topics you need to know.
Instructor: Rose Ann Kay
Instructor: Rose Ann Kay
Who can benefit?
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company and business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices
Build a solid foundation in HR management skills
By covering a breadth of practical HR topics, the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course provides the knowledge to perform daily tasks. Through this course, you will also:
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA.)
- Gain insights into employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls.
- Enhance your skills related to total compensation systems, pay increases and incentives, and employee benefits.
- Increase your knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, professional development, and training.
Why take the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course?
- Time-efficient and comprehensive: One training program covers vital HR topics in less than 20 training hours.
- Focused learning and professional development: Condensed format and online study tools help you stay on track.
- Peer and Instructor Interaction: Network and gain real-world insights into HR while learning the content.
- Cost-effective: Includes all you need to learn the basics of HR in one training source, with corporate discounts for group training.