Workforce Training Solutions
Workforce Training Solutions is a liaison between The University of Akron and surrounding corporations within the Northeast Ohio region. As a connecting partner, the Workforce Training Solutions department inventories all available intellectual and physical resources of the University, and offers a performance consulting service to companies in search of training, continuing education, or custom consulting. Our clients turn to us for training solutions and University services that serve to fit strategic business models. We believe in measurable and obtainable goals, and actively work with our clients, instructors, and the University to produce results.
We connect The University of Akron’s resources to the business sector by offering a variety of services.
- We offer many noncredit and certification programs, both in person and online.
- We host an extensive array of online courses for career development and certification, personal enrichment, and professional development recertification.
- We provide assistance in planning and delivering on-site training for employees for corporations of any size, industry, or budget.
- Our instructors are expert professionals that combine the academic rigor and refinement of a college professor with real-world experience. We believe that receiving the best education starts with the best staff and instructors.
- We have experience with public sector education initiatives and funding sources.
- The University of Akron has five locations across the Northeast Ohio region. We have an unsurpassed regional footprint, making Workforce Training Solutions not only a state leader in professional development and continuing education, but also a local resource for many of Ohio’s prominent industries and communities.
Many courses are approved by professional, national and state organizations and license re-certification. Graduate credit online workshops are available for teachers or working professionals with recertification requirements.
UA isn't just in Akron anymore!
We offer instruction at sites across five counties
In addition to offering courses across the region, UA offers instruction online (see courses and degrees) and via distance learning.
Medina (Medina County University Center)
Millersburg (Holmes Campus)
Orrville (Wayne College)