Quality. Speed. Efficiency. Cost
- Business & Professional Development
- Career Training Programs
- Computer Training
- Exam Preparation - Testing
- Fire and Hazard Courses
- Healthcare Training Programs
- Insurance Programs
- Human Resources
- Project Management Courses
- Quality Improvement Programs
- Six Sigma
- ISO 13485 Audit Preparation
- The Sales Accelerator Online
- Kepner-Tregoe: Problem Solving & Decision Making
Workforce Training Solutions
225 S. Main St.
Akron, OH 44325-4104
8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday - Friday
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
What is Lean?
Lean is a customer focused philosophy used to continuously improve any process through the elimination of unnecessary steps. Eliminating these steps and focusing on what is important to the customer will typically result in a 15-40% increase of revenue!
Benefits of a Lean Enterprise
- Service level improvement
- Cash generation
- Greater asset utilization
- Quality improvement
- Increased employee participation
- Productivity improvement
- Profitability improvement
Lean Mastery Course
Lean Mastery is an intensive 6-day class that focuses on practical skills aimed at generating results. Participants will be able to use their new knowledge and skills immediately -- to make processes simple, fast, better, and less costly. The training is filled with examples and exercises. Students are required to lead a real-world project at their workplace. This provides students experience in driving a project and also an immediate return on investment for the company. Upon completion, you will have the knowledge needed to fully implement Lean throughout your organization.
Dates: April 17 - May 17, 2019
Class meets: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 8AM-4PM, 6 Sessions
Instructor: Brian Malloy
Location: The University of Akron, Akron Campus
Lean Product Development
With global competition and rapid high-tech innovation, the need to get new products to market faster is more important than ever. In this 3-day program, learn secrets to success in leading Lean product development by removing time and waste from the steps between initial concept ideation and product commercialization.
- Applying Lean techniques to existing development processes
- Leveraging methods of product research
- Creating a lean innovation machine
- Recognizing critical components of a business case
- Developing a solid project charter
- Prototyping and piloting
- Leveraging an efficient team
- Optimizing communications and customer relationships
- Assessing and mitigating development risks and issues
- Ensuring products are appropriately tested and approved
- Efficiently launch and providing post launch support
Customized Lean Training
UA Solutions is one of the only providers in Ohio that offers a truly customizable Lean training solution. Our staff and instructors have worked with companies and government agencies all around the state in establishing specific programs, to be delivered onsite or through any of The University of Akron's six campus locations. This regional flexibility and customizable curriculum means your Lean education is targeted, tuned, and relevant for your company and staff.
For questions on LeanOhio's Boot Camp, or on process improvement grants, please click here to email UA Solutions' Rose Withem.