Are you looking to apply for or renew a U.S. passport? ZipAssist, at The University of Akron campus, is now a registered Passport Acceptance Facility! Stop by our office to begin the process of acquiring your passport!
For up-to-date information about U.S. Passport Services, please visit the U.S. Department of State's website at www.travel.state.gov
Do you need to apply for or renew a passport?
Apply for a NEW passport in person for any of the following:
- It’s your first passport.
- Your last passport was damaged or lost.
- Your last passport was issued more than 15 years ago.
- It’s for a child under age 16.
- Your name has changed And you have no supporting legal documents
RENEW your passport if it's undamaged and all of the following apply:
- It was issued less than 15 years ago.
- You were 16 or older when you got it.
- It’s in your current name.
(or you can legally document the name change).
What you’ll need to provide when you visit our office:
Form: DS-11 (DS-82 for renewing)
Proof of U.S. citizenship (such as a birth or naturalization certificate).
Government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license or military ID).
Color, recent passport photo.
- Fee payment (check or money order).
Cost for obtaining a passport:
- Adult Passport Book: $110
- Adult Passport Card: $30
- Minor Passport Book: $80
- Minor Passport Card: $15
- Acceptance Fee: $35
Payment Instructions: The Application Fee is paid directly to the Department of State via check or money order. The Acceptance/Execution Fee is paid directly to The University of Akron via money order or in office with credit card. Two separate payments are required.
Passport Photos Available
- UA Student with valid Zip Card: $5
- Community/Public: $10
You will receive two 2" by 2" color photos.
Payment instructions: Paid directly to The University of Akron via money order or in office with credit card.
Where are we located? - The University of Akron, Simmons Hall - Lobby, 277 E. Buchtel Ave. Akron, OH 44325
When are we open?
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m..
*No appointment needed.
For more information, please call us at 330-972-7272 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org