Dear Students, Faculty and Staff:
The University of Akron annually makes several reports and statistics available to its community and to prospective students and employees. The reports provide information on topics ranging from campus safety to equity in athletics, including several items for which federal law requires disclosure. The following are reports presently available from The University of Akron. For the reports listed as available on the Internet, the University also will provide printed copies upon request.
1. The University of Akron Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available upon request and on the University of Akron’s campus safety website at: http://www.uakron.edu/safety/annual-safety-report/
This report contains important safety information for The University of Akron, including:
a. information regarding reporting of criminal activity;
b. campus policy concerning facility safety and access;
c. campus policy concerning law enforcement;
d. information regarding safety and crime prevention programs;
e. campus policy regarding sale, possession and use of alcohol and illegal drugs (further information regarding effects of alcohol and drugs, sanctions for their use and prevention and treatment resources is available at http://www.uakron.edu/safety/be-safe-and-smart/drug-free-schools-and-communities.dot;
f. campus policy for the reporting of off-campus criminal activity;
g. information regarding drug and alcohol education programs;
h. information regarding sexual assault prevention programs and procedures to follow when sex offenses occur;
i. missing student policy; and
j. crime statistics for the three most recent calendar years.
Information concerning registered sex offenders:
2. Download the Department of Athletics' report for the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act.
3. The University of Akron Policy Concerning Privacy and Release of Student Education Records is contained in University Rule 3359-11-08 and explains the rights of students with respect to records maintained by the university and outlines the university's procedures to comply with requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”).
University Rule 3359-11-08 is at http://www.uakron.edu/ogc/UniversityRules/pdf/11-08.pdf and additional FERPA Information is available http://www.uakron.edu/ogc/legal-policies-and-procedures/privacy-practices-and-policies/ferpa.dot.
4. Information regarding current university tuition and fees, including estimated miscellaneous costs and financial aid is available from a number of university offices, including the Office of the University Registrar, the Office of Admissions and the Office of Student Financial Aid.
5. Information regarding student graduation rates is available from the Office of Institutional Research.
Additional important notices and information:
We believe that the information contained in these reports is informative and helpful, and we hope that you will take the time to read it.