NEW GRADUATE ASSISTANT ORIENTATION (AUGUST 16, 2022)
This presentation will cover expectations and requirements for all new Fall 2022 Research and Teaching Assistants. You will also meet representatives from different campus offices to learn about helpful resources available to aid you in your assistantship role, as well as provide support for your student journey.
Check your email for event notification and details and be sure to RSVP by the deadline. Questions may be directed to the Graduate School at email@example.com
we’re making it easier to become a graduate student at UA
College of Business
- All entrance examinations waived through Aug. 15, 2023
College of Engineering and Polymer Science applicants
- GRE requirement is waived for all applicants through June 30, 2023. This includes applicants to the Departments of Biomedical Engineering; Chemical, Biomolecular and Corrosion Engineering; Civil Engineering; Electrical and Computer Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; and the School of Polymer Science and Polymer Engineering.
Five-year/accelerated bachelor's and master's degrees
- You can complete your bachelor's and master's degrees in as little as five years and at a significant savings with our accelerated degree option.
- GRE is not required.
- Select degree programs are available for this accelerated option.
Applied History and Public Humanities applicants (Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences)
- GRE requirement is waived for all applicants to the master's program in Applied History and Public Humanities through April 15, 2023.
Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology applicants (College of Health and Human Sciences)
- GRE requirement is waived for all graduate program applicants from September 1, 2022 through August 31, 2023.
English language proficiency
- We have approved the use of the Duolingo English Test (DET) for demonstration of English proficiency since many testing centers have closed because of the pandemic. The DET will be accepted in place of the in-person TOEFL and IELTS through December 31, 2022.
- Applicants will need to receive a DET score of 115 or higher to satisfy our proficiency requirement for graduate admissions.
Our research endeavors extend across all colleges and include many multidisciplinary centers and labs.
Professor honored for her study of cave life
Dr. Hazel Barton’s lifelong dedication to the exploration, study and protection of caves is recognized by the National Speleological Society.
$1.9 million grant to support asthma research
The project seeks to understand how asthma symptoms and other inflammatory conditions are aggravated by examining the link between two lipid mediators formed from fatty acids.
Better treatment for families hit by opioids
$1.3 million grant from the U.S. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration strives to understand the best ways to limit the ripple effect of opioid use on the extended family.
Living in Akron
OUR UNIVERSITY is located in the heart of a vibrant downtown and minutes away from an abundance of recreational opportunities. The dynamic campus offers Broadway shows, sporting events, arts performances, and an award winning student recreation center.
Akron itself is a hidden gem in many respects. Situated in northeastern Ohio, Akron boasts a rich history and exciting renaissance. Having retooled itself over the past few decades, the area is a magnet for jobs and investment. Akron’s top industries include health care, education, manufacturing, technology, bioscience and polymers.