Financial aid


  • Login to My Akron
  • Click on Student Center
  • Click Accept/Decline Awards under Finances
  • Click on year desired
  • Click boxes for awards you choose to accept
  • Click Submit
  • Click Yes
  • Click OK
  • Confirm changes were successfully processed

1. Obtain a federal FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID)

  • The FSA ID acts as your electronic signature on the FAFSA.
  • Create your FSA ID at

2. Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)

  • FAFSA is available online at
  • The University of Akron's Federal School Code is 003123.
  • File before December 1 to be considered for the maximum amount of aid.
  • You can still complete the FAFSA after December 1.

3. You will receive your SAR (Student Aid Report) from the U.S. Department of Education

  • The SAR summarizes the information you provided on the FAFSA and indicates your Expected Family Contribution, which will help determine your need.
  • If you've made a mistake on your FAFSA, you can make corrections at