The Mary K. Kirtz Literary Essay Prize in International Literature, funded by Dr. Mary K. Kirtz, honors the achievements of her students who studied Canadian, Modern Russian, Modern European, and Holocaust literatures in the Department of English. This literary prize will be awarded for an outstanding undergraduate or graduate essay on any world literature topic, with the exception of American or British literature.
Who can enter:
Any UA undergraduate or graduate student
- Submit one essay written within the past year for an English Department course concerning international literature, including Holocaust literatures, to the Kirtz Essay Prize mailbox in the English Department, Olin 301.
- Essay must be between 10-25 pages in length
- Essay must be double-spaced on white bond paper with numbered pages
- Your name should not appear on the essay
- Submit a cover sheet with your name, mailing address, UA email address and telephone number