THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
The University of Akron’s Graduate School offers advanced degrees in liberal arts, the sciences and various professional fields.
Information for currently enrolled graduate students.
NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS
Congratulations on your acceptance! What to do next.
FACULTY & STAFF
Dates and deadlines
- Jan. 15 - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day observance (University closed)
- Jan. 16 - Spring 2018 semester begins
- Jan. 29 - Last day to add a class for Spring 2018
- Feb. 20 - President's Day observance (Classes canceled)
- Mar. 4 - Last day to withdraw from a class for Spring 2018
- Mar. 26-Apr. 1 - Spring recess
- Apr. 1 - Spring 2018 graduation application due
- Apr. 9 - Final thesis/dissertation deadline
- Apr. 27 - Graduate School Fair
- May 7-13 - Final examination period
- May 11-13 - Commencement
Inside the school
The Graduate School
Leigh Hall, Room 515
Akron, Ohio 44325-2101
Phone: (330) 972-7663
Fax: (330) 972-6475
The advantages of living and studying in Akron.