Graduate Programs at UA
Welcome to the Graduate School and thank you for your interest in our graduate and advanced programs. Whether your interest is to pursue a doctoral or master's degree, a graduate or professional certificate, or simply take courses on a non-degree basis, we, at the Graduate School, believe that you will find your experience at The University of Akron professionally rewarding, intellectually stimulating, practical, and challenging.
We are pleased to offer over 100 advanced degrees to more than 3,000 current graduate students. We encourage you to visit our site in the hope that you will have a better understanding of our offerings and requirements.
We welcome your questions and comments and we hope that you will consider joining us at The University of Akron!
Questions about The University of Akron Graduate School? Use the "Request Info" button above or view our office directory.
Polsky Building, Room 469
Akron, Ohio 44325-2101
PH: (330) 972-7663
FAX: (330) 972-6475
Graduate School Goes Green
To serve graduate students more efficiently hard copy correspondence will no longer be printed and mailed from the Graduate School. All communication will be disseminated to students electronically via e-mail.
The Graduate School recommends that graduate students inform our office of any changes to their e-mail accounts. Notice of these changes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT SUMMER 2014 DATES TO REMEMBER
- MAY 19 - Intersession classes begin
- MAY 21 - Last day to add a class for Intersession
- MAY 26 - Memorial Day (UNIVERSITY CLOSED)
- MAY 28 - Last day to withdraw from a class for Intersession
- JUNE 1 - Online Graduation Application due for Summer 2014 Commencement
- JUNE 9 - Five Week I and Eight Week classes begin
- JUNE 13 - Last day to add a class for Five Week I
- JUNE 16 - Preliminary Dissertation Deadline and Last day to add a class for Eight Week session
- JUNE 24 - Last day to withdraw from a class for Five Week I
- JUNE 30 - Preliminary Thesis Deadline
- JULY 4 - Independence Day (UNIVERSITY CLOSED)
- JULY 7 - Last day to withdraw from a class for Eight Week session
- JULY 14- Five Week II classes begin and Final Thesis/Dissertation Deadline
- JULY 18 - Last day to add a class for Five Week II
- JULY 29 - Last day to withdraw from a class for Five Week II
- AUGUST 16 - Summer 2014 Commencement