Graduate Programs at UA
Welcome to the Graduate School and thank you for your interest in our graduate and advanced programs. Whether your interest is to pursue a doctoral or master's degree, a graduate or professional certificate, or simply take courses on a non-degree basis, we, at the Graduate School, believe that you will find your experience at The University of Akron professionally rewarding, intellectually stimulating, practical, and challenging.
We are pleased to offer over 100 advanced degrees to more than 3,000 current graduate students. We encourage you to visit our site in the hope that you will have a better understanding of our offerings and requirements.
We welcome your questions and comments and we hope that you will consider joining us at The University of Akron!
Questions about The University of Akron Graduate School? Use the "Request Info" button above or view our office directory.
Polsky Building, Room 469
Akron, Ohio 44325-2101
PH: (330) 972-7663
FAX: (330) 972-6475
Graduate School Goes Green
To serve graduate students more efficiently hard copy correspondence is no longer printed and mailed from the Graduate School. All communication is disseminated to students electronically via e-mail.
The Graduate School recommends that graduate students inform our office of any changes to their e-mail accounts. Notice of these changes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT FALL 2014 DATES TO REMEMBER
- AUGUST 25 - Fall 2014 classes begin
- SEPTEMBER 1 - Labor Day (UNIVERSITY CLOSED)
- SEPTEMBER 8 - Last day to add a class for Fall 2014
- OCTOBER 1 - Online Graduation Application due for Fall 2014 Commencement
- OCTOBER 13 - Preliminary Dissertation Deadline and Last day to withdraw from a class for Fall 2014
- OCTOBER 27 - Preliminary Thesis Deadline
- NOVEMBER 10 - Final Thesis/Dissertation Deadline
- NOVEMBER 11 - Veteran's Day (classes held)
- NOVEMBER 27-30 - Thanksgiving Holiday (UNIVERSITY CLOSED)
- DECEMBER 8-12 - Final Examination Period
- DECEMBER 12-13 - Fall 2014 Commencement