International Graduate Admissions
The University of Akron warmly welcomes international students and seeks to make their educational experience pleasing and meaningful. Each year, approximately 1,000 international students and scholars from 90 countries pursue studies and research at Akron. Students may pursue graduate studies during the Fall (late August), Spring (mid-January) or Summer (May, June, July) Sessions.
- Application Procedures
- Admission Classifications
- Office of International Programs
- English Language Institute
- Health Insurance
- Entrance Examinations (TOEFL, TSE, etc.)
- The University of Akron Developed English Proficiency Test (U-ADEPT)
- English Language Proficiency Requirements
- International Transfer Credit
- Declaration and Certification of Finances for International Students
- Other University Information
File Retention and Destruction Policy
All documentation submitted to the Graduate School becomes the permanent property of The University of Akron. Please be advised that the Graduate School converts all documentation into an electronic document. After the document is converted into an electronic file, the hard copied document is destroyed. As a result, the Graduate School is not able to provide and/or return original documentation to any applicant.