New Parking Survey
Complete our short new Parking Survey and you can enter a drawing to win a Campus Gift Card! Your participation in this survey will help the Parking Department better serve the campus community.
Parking updates through March 5th
- Lot 28, at E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall, will be closed Thursday, Feb. 26, at 2 p.m. through 9:30 p.m. for the evening’s performance. Alternate parking for commuter vehicles will be available in Lot 27, by Guzzetta Hall, and Lot 26 - North Campus Deck.
- Lot 18, at the Student Union, will be partially reserved on Thursday, Feb. 26, at 8 a.m. through 11 a.m. for a special event. Alternate parking for visitors will be the remaining open meters in Lot 18 and the visitor meters by Lot 36 - South Campus Deck, on E. Exchange Street.
- Lot 2, at Rhodes Arena, will be closed Thursday, Feb. 26, at midnight through the conclusion of the men's basketball game the following day, or about 10:30 p.m. Lot entry will only be permitted to authorized vehicles. Alternate commuter parking will be Lot 1 - East Campus Deck.
- Lot 4, Lot 8 and Lot 13 will be closed Friday, Feb. 27, at 2 p.m. through the conclusion of the men’s basketball game that evening, or approximately 10:30 p.m. Lot entry will only be permitted to authorized vehicles. Alternate commuter parking will be Lot 1 - East Campus Deck.
- Lot 6, at InfoCision Stadium, will be partially reserved on Friday, Feb. 27, from 8 a.m. to noon for a special event. Alternate parking for visitors will be at the remaining open meters in the lot and commuters may park in Lot 9, south of the stadium.
- Lot 70, near Quaker Station at Quaker Square, will experience very high traffic volume on Tuesday, Mar. 3, from 8 a.m. through 11 a.m. for an Akron Press Club special event. The event is expected to draw nearly 300 guests, which will principally require most of the parking in and around Quaker Square. Alternate parking will be available in Administrative Services Building Lot 71 and Lot 40 for event participants and commuters.
- Lot 2, at Rhodes Arena, will be closed Wednesday, Mar. 4, at 2 p.m. through the conclusion of the women’s basketball game that evening, or approximately 9 p.m. Lot entry will only be permitted to authorized vehicles. Alternate commuter parking will be Lot 1 - East Campus Deck.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at email@example.com.