Parking updates through Feb. 11th
- Lot 4 and Lot 8 will be closed Friday, Feb. 5, at 2 p.m. through the conclusion of the men’s basketball game that evening, or approximately 10:30 p.m. Lot entry will only be permitted to authorized vehicles. Alternate commuter parking will be Lot 1 - East Campus Deck.
- Lot 36, Lot 37, and Lot 39, near the Student Union, will experience increased traffic volume on Friday, Feb. 5, from 7 a.m. through approximately 7 p.m. for the Discovering Diversity Day event. The event is expected to draw a large number of guests, which will significantly increase demand for parking in and around the Student Union. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 34 and Lot 43 near the School of Law and the Turbine Testing Research building.
- Lot 6, Lot 9, and Vine St, near InfoCision Stadium, will experience increased traffic volume on Friday, Feb. 5, and Saturday, Feb. 6, from 9 a.m. through the conclusion of the Track and Field Invitational at the field house, or approximately 7 p.m. Alternate parking for commuters will be in Lot 1 - East Campus Deck or Lot 9, south of the InfoCision Stadium.
- Lot 2, at the JAR Arena, will be closed Friday, Feb. 5, at midnight through the conclusion of the women's basketball game the following day, or about 5:30 p.m. All vehicles including university owned and employee vehicles must vacate the posted areas by 11:00 pm Friday evening or face towing at the owner’s expense. Lot reentry Saturday will only be permitted to authorized vehicles beginning at 11 a.m. Alternate commuter parking will be Lot 1 - East Campus Deck.
- Lot 18, at the Student Union, will be reserved on Monday, Feb. 8, at 6 a.m. through 1 p.m. for a meeting. Alternate parking for visitors will be in Lot 36 - South Campus Deck.
- Lot 28, at E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall, will be closed Tuesday, Feb. 9, at noon through 9:30 p.m. for the evening’s performance. Alternate parking for commuter vehicles will be available in Lot 26 - North Campus Deck and Lot 27, by Guzzetta Hall.
- Lot 18, at the Student Union, will be reserved on Wednesday, Feb. 10, at 6 a.m. through 1 p.m. for a meeting. Alternate parking for visitors will be in Lot 36 - South Campus Deck.
- Lot 70, near Quaker Station at Quaker Square, will be partially reserved Wednesday, Feb. 10, at 6 a.m. through 2 p.m. for the ARCHAngels event. Please observe the signs and cones placed in the reserved spaces. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 70 just north of the Mill Street Bridge.
- Lot 18, at the Student Union, will be partially reserved on Thursday, Feb. 11, at 10 a.m. through 5 p.m. for meetings. Alternate parking for visitors will be in Lot 36 - South Campus Deck.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at email@example.com.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.