Parking Updates Through August 7th
- Lot 18 south, at the Student Union, will be reserved on Monday, Aug. 3, at 6 a.m. through 4 p.m. for a meeting. Alternate parking for visitors will be available at the parking meters by Lot 36 - South Campus Deck, on E. Exchange Street.
- Lot 6, at InfoCision Stadium, will be partially reserved on Wednesday, Aug. 5, at 6 a.m. through 2 p.m. for a committee meeting. Parking will be reserved for event attendees only. Alternate parking for visitors will be at the remaining open meters in the lot and commuters may park in Lot 9, south of the stadium.
- Lot 36, Lot 37 and Lot 39, near the Student Union, will experience very high traffic volume on Thursday, Aug. 6, from 7 a.m. through 5 p.m. for Summit County Sexual Assault Coalition Symposium at the Student Union. The event is expected to draw a large number of guests, which will significantly increase demand in and around the Student Union. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 34 and Lot 43 near the School of Law and the Turbine Testing Research building.
- Lot 36, Lot 37 and Lot 39, near the Student Union, will experience very high traffic volume on Friday, Aug. 7, from 7 a.m. through 5 p.m. for the Akron Food Bank Network Summit at the Student Union. The event is expected to draw a large number of guests, which will significantly increase demand in and around the Student Union. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 34 and Lot 43 near the School of Law and the Turbine Testing Research building.
- Lot 70, near Quaker Station at Quaker Square, will be partially reserved Friday, Aug. 7, at 8 a.m. through 2 p.m. for the First Friday event. Please observe the signs and cones placed in the reserved spaces. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 70 just north of the Mill Street Bridge.
Online parking permit application for employees now open
The online parking permit application for fall 2015 and full year 2015-2016 for employees is now open. Please apply online for your new permit. You will need to log in to the application with your UANet ID and password. Be sure to select the proper term as well as entering all pertinent information into the application; personal data, vehicle data, department, and payroll deduction option. Employees selecting payroll deduction will have their permits sent in a batch to their department in August.
Employees with a state issued disability placard will need to complete the standard application then proceed to the next step for placard verification. Use of disability spaces on campus requires placard registration and a special hangtag permit. Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for further details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services with any questions: email@example.com
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at email@example.com.