New Parking Survey
Complete our short new Parking Survey and you can enter a drawing to win a Campus Gift Card! Your participation in this survey will help the Parking Department better serve the campus community.
Parking updates through Feb. 5
- Lot 70 at Quaker Square will experience very high traffic volume on Thursday, Jan. 29, at 5 p.m. thru 9 p.m. for a special event. The event is expected to draw nearly 800 guests which will principally require most of the parking in and around Quaker Square. Alternative parking will be ASB Lots 71 and 40 for event participants and commuters.
- Lot 2, at Rhodes Arena, will be closed Friday, Jan. 30, at midnight thru the conclusion of the Zips women's basketball game the following day, or approximately 4:00 p.m. Lot entry will only be permitted to authorized vehicles. Alternate commuter parking will be Lot 1 - East Campus Deck.
- Lot 18, at the Student Union, will be partially reserved on Monday, Feb. 2 at 8 a.m. thru 4 p.m. for a special event. Alternate parking for visitors will be at the remaining open meters in Lot 18 and the visitor meters by Lot 36 - South Campus Deck, on E. Exchange.
- Lot 28, at E.J. Thomas Performing Arts Hall, will be closed on Monday, Feb. 2 at noon thru 9:30 p.m. for the Melissa Harris-Perry lecture. Alternate parking for commuter vehicles will be available in Lot 27, by Guzzetta Hall, and Lot 26 - North Campus Deck.
- Lots 2 and 8, at Ocasek Natatorium, will be closed Wednesday, Feb. 4 at 1 p.m. thru the conclusion of the Zips women’s basketball game that evening, or approximately 9:30 p.m. Lot entry will only be permitted to authorized vehicles. Alternate commuter parking will be Lot 1 - East Campus Deck.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at email@example.com.
UPDATE ON PARKING PERMIT ENFORCEMENT
Beginning Tuesday, September 2nd, parking permit rules will be enforced for the fall semester. All vehicles should be located in a properly designated area at that time in order to avoid being cited.
As in previous years, courtesy will be given for the first minor offense. However, rather than dismissing the first citation of the semester, illegally parked vehicles will be issued a warning citation for the first minor violation. Warning citations will still indicate the infraction type, but will not carry a monetary fine. Students, employees, and guests will no longer need to contact Parking and Transportation Services to receive their courtesy dismissals; with this change the courtesy is automatic in the form of a warning citation.
The MetroZip program begins Aug. 25, allowing all UA faculty, staff and students to ride any regular Metro RTA route free of charge by swiping their valid Zip Cards in the fare box. Details