News: Upcoming Parking Lot Closures and Events
Parking updates through October 21st
- Lot 18, the lot at the Student Union, will be partially reserved Wednesday, October 12, for the Board of Trustees meeting. Alternate parking is available in Lot 36, Lot 37, and Lot 39.
- Lot 18, the lot at the Student Union, will be reserved Tuesday, October 18. Alternate parking is available in Lot 36, Lot 37, and Lot 39.
- Lot 70 south, near Quaker Station, will be partially reserved Thursday, October 20, for the Akron Roundtable event. Please observe the signs and cones placed in the reserved spaces. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 70 just north of the Mill Street Bridge.
- Lot 6, the lot at InfoCision Stadium, will be partially reserved Friday, October 21, for the UA Foundation Annual Board meeting. Alternative parking will be available in Lot 9 and Lot 10.
- Lot 44, the lot at Grant Hall, will be closed through Thursday, October 20, for use by the UA Police Academy. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 36.
Lot 46 Temporarily Becomes Resident-Only for Early Voting
In order to accommodate the significant early voter turnout expected for the general election, the south side of Lot 46 (behind Gallucci Hall) will be used by staff from the Summit County Board of Elections through November 8th. Lot 46 will become a Resident-Only lot between October 12th and November 8th to make room for these additional vehicles. We ask that residents who normally park behind Gallucci Hall park in the spaces north of Gallucci Hall during this period, and avoid parking on the south side of the lot when feasible. Commuters will be able to utilize Lot 47 (Folk Hall), and everyone can use Lot 36 (the South Campus Parking Deck) throughout this time. Signage will be placed throughout the lot to advise drivers of these changes. Please contact Parking and Transportation services at 330-972-7213 with any questions.
Roo Express adding Chapel Hill Route
Starting Sunday, Oct. 16, the Roo Express will run a shuttle to Chapel Hill Mall. The route will run every other Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will be one bus on this route and it will take about 50 minutes round trip.
The Chapel Hill Route stops at the Student Union, along the plaza north of Howe Avenue at Chapel Hill Mall and along the plaza south of Howe Avenue. The shuttle will operate on these dates during the fall semester: Oct. 16, Oct. 30, Nov. 13, Nov. 27 and Dec. 11.
You will be able view the location of the Roo Express on DoubleMap.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at email@example.com.