Parking Updates Through July 24th
- Lot 24 south, at Central Hower and Buchtel Avenue, will be partially reserved on Wednesday, July 22, at 6 a.m. through 4 p.m. for a special event. Please observe the signs and cones placed in the reserved spaces. Alternate parking for commuter vehicles will be available in Lot 26 - North Campus Deck and Lot 27, by Guzzetta Hall.
- Lot 27, at Guzzetta Hall, will be closed at midnight on Wednesday, July 22, through the conclusion of the Robert D. Jorgensen memorial event Thursday, July 23, at approximately 6 p.m. All vehicles must vacate Lot 27 by midnight. Parking attendants will be present Thursday, July 23, at 12 noon to restrict access to event guests only. Alternate accessibility parking spaces will be available in Lot 28 and Lot 45 as well as in Visitor Lot A under Robertson Dining Hall. Employees may show your placard to the attendant in the booth as you leave and they will let you exit free of charge. Alternate parking for commuters will be available in Lot 26 - North Campus Deck, on Buchtel Ave.
- Lot 36, Lot 37, and Lot 39, near the Student Union, will experience very high traffic volume on Friday, July 24, from 7 a.m. through 5 p.m. for the UA Summer Visit Day event. The event is expected to draw a large number of guests, which will significantly increase demand in and around the Student Union. Alternate parking will be available in Lot 34 and Lot 43 near the School of Law and the Turbine Testing Research building.
Online parking permit application for employees now open
The online parking permit application for fall 2015 and full year 2015-2016 for employees is now open. Please apply online for your new permit. You will need to log in to the application with your UANet ID and password. Be sure to select the proper term as well as entering all pertinent information into the application; personal data, vehicle data, department, and payroll deduction option. Employees selecting payroll deduction will have their permits sent in a batch to their department in August.
Employees with a state issued disability placard will need to complete the standard application then proceed to the next step for placard verification. Use of disability spaces on campus requires placard registration and a special hangtag permit. Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for further details at email@example.com.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at email@example.com.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org.