News: Upcoming Parking Lot Closures and Events
Parking updates through May 2nd
- Lot 28, at E.J. Thomas Hall, will be closed at noon (12:00 PM), on Wednesday, April 26, 2017, due to the Tuesday Musical. All vehicles must vacate the posted area by 4:00 PM that day. Alternate parking is available in Lot 26, Lot 29, and Lot 45.
- Lot 6, the lot at InfoCision Stadium, will be partially reserved on Wednesday, April 26, 2017, & Thursday, April 27, 2017. Alternate parking is available in Lot 8, Lot 9, and Lot 10.
- Lot 18, right outside the Student Union, will be closed on Thursday, April 27, 2017. Alternate parking is available in Lot 34, Lot 36, and Lot 39.
- Lot 47, at Folk Hall, will have limited parking on Monday, May 1, 2017, & Tuesday, May 2, 2017. Alternate parking is available in Lot 36, Lot 43, and Lot 46.
Be Prudent and Help Reduce Campus Thefts
Theft on college campuses is often a crime of opportunity — somebody takes advantage of an unattended cell phone, an unlocked door or a laptop visible in the window of a parked car.
Please help yourself by taking an extra moment to secure your belongings:
- In the library, if you step away from your table, take your laptop with you.
- Lock the door to your dorm room, even if you only intend to leave for a minute.
- In the Recreation and Wellness Center, lock your items in one of the locker room lockers.
- In your car, tuck items of value out of sight. Do not leave money, electronics, etc. within view.
- Resident students and overnight parkers should relocate their vehicles every few days.
The University aggressively pursues those caught stealing. Last year, all students who were found responsible for theft were suspended by the University, while nonstudents charged with theft were aggressively sent through the criminal justice system.
UA will continue to do its part to help reduce the occurrences of theft. Please do your part by being thoughtful about how you store your belongings.
Roo Express Bus Tracking System
The University of Akron’s Parking and Transportation Services Department has added a GPS system to the Roo Express shuttle buses that provides real-time location data. Students, faculty, staff and visitors can use a computer or mobile device to track the Roo Express Shuttle bus at any of the bus stops on and around campus!
DoubleMap App features:
· View buses in real time on the map and know when your bus will arrive.
· View specific routes and associated stops.
· Allows you to easily identify the buses with color coded bus routes and abbreviated route letters.
· Announcements concerning shuttle delays, cancellation of service due to weather, re-routing or changes in route stops can be viewed easily.
· Compatible with smartphones (FREE app), laptops and desktops.
· Easily submit feedback on services or technical issues.
For information regarding DoubleMap visit http://www.uakron.edu/parking/roo-express/doublemap.dot or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Parking and Transportation Services for additional information at email@example.com.