The Department of Purchasing
Year End Closing Information
In order to close out the current fiscal year in an orderly fashion, your cooperation in observing the following guidelines for processing financial transactions is requested:
- The last day to create requisitions for 2017 is Friday, June 23, 2017.
- Please review the status of all open purchase orders on your May budget reports. If changes are necessary to the PO, then notify the assigned buyer in Purchasing. Your cooperation is required to ensure the accuracy of encumbrances for year end.
- Blanket PO Renewal information will be sent to the departments on or before Friday, June 9, 2017. Please review the information and send all changes to email@example.com by June 30, 2017.
- Procurement Card - Monday, June 26, 2017 is the Suggested last day to place orders to be properly charged to the FY2017 budgets (after that date, depending on when the vendor processes, it can end up in either fiscal year and dates cannot be changed).
Purchase orders for the new fiscal year cannot be processed until the new budget is allocated to your account. Please contact Luba Cramer or Denise Lightner in the Department of Purchasing for urgent purchase orders.
- Travel Expense Reports - Wednesday, July 5, 2017 last day to email reports to TravelExpenseReport@uakron.edu for travel in 2016-17.
- June Payment Transactions - Friday, July 7, 2017 last day to update in PaymentNet. If you need to make an expense recharge to any previous month’s accounts, it will have to be submitted to the Controller’s Office on an Adjusting Journal Entry Form by Thursday, July 20, 2017.
- Preliminary June departmental statements will be available on Monday, July 10, 2017. June transactions will continue to post throughout July until final closing. June departmental statements can be printed at any time to review transactions that have been posted since the first closing.
- Invoices for 2017 goods and services must be received in Accounts Payable no later than Tuesday, July 11, 2017 to be properly charged to the fiscal year 2017 budget. Travel Expense Reports for travel in 2016-17 should be emailed to TravelExpenseReport@uakron.edu several days prior to this deadline to allow for review and processing.
- The University’s deficit account policy requires that June 30th deficits must be satisfied by a budget transfer or an expense recharge. Expense recharge requests must be received in the Controller’s Office by Thursday, July 20, 2017. Budget transfers must be received in the Office of Resource Analysis and Budget by Wednesday, July 26, 2017.
- Final June departmental statements will be available on Friday, July 28, 2017.