Jodi Henderson-Ross, Ph.D.
Dr. Henderson-Ross joined the faculty at Wayne College in 2017 after 13 years in various teaching positions at The University of Akron’s main campus. Her primary areas of interests are criminology & deviant behavior, inequality and qualitative methodologies. Her recent focus has included utilizing educational technology to enhance student success in online and hybrid learning. Dr. H relies on pedagogically-driven design principles to create course experiences that are innovative and engaging.
Dr. Henderson-Ross has won several awards acknowledging her commitment to teaching excellence and student success. These include national, regional and institutional-level accomplishments.
- Brightspace Excellence Award, Awarded by D2L, Washington, D.C., July 2016
- Faculty Mentor Award, Awarded by Alpha Kappa Delta, The University of Akron, April 2016
- N.S.P.I.R.E. Award, Most Valuable Faculty Member of the College of Arts and Sciences, Awarded by Mortar Board, The University of Akron, April 2016
- Quality Matters Online Course Certification, Introduction to Sociology, Fall 2015 to present
- SAGE Teaching Innovations and Professional Development Award, April 2014
- Feminist Mentor Award, Committee for Research on Women and Gender, The University of Akron, November 2014 and November 2013
- Ph.D., The University of Akron, Sociology
- MA, The University of Akron, Sociology
- The University of Nevada, Reno, Interdisciplinary Program in Social Psychology, 1994-1997
- BA, The University of Akron, Psychology, Certificate in Women’s Studies