Public Affairs-Policy Analysis Certificate

The Public Affairs-Policy Analysis Certificate program will require the successful completion of 15 graduate credits of defined coursework in a single content or issue area within either public administration or urban affairs. Upon completion of the coursework a certificate will be issued.

Admission Requirements

  • Hold a baccalaureate degree
  • Five years experience in a professional, administrative, or leadership position
  • Participation in the certificate program in no way promotes or assures admission to graduate programs of the Department of Public Administration and Urban Studies, nor does it alter the requirements for admission to those degree programs

Application Deadline

Applications to the Public Affairs-Policy Analysis Certificate program are accepted on a rolling basis.

Assistantship/Scholarship Information

All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the academic department. Students interested in obtaining an assistantship must apply. New students may indicate on their online application for admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship. Current students must contact the academic department for application information. Each department may have different requirements for assistantship applicants, so all students should contact the academic department to determine these particular requirements. Only those students fully admitted to a master’s or doctoral degree-seeking program are eligible for a graduate assistantship. Students admitted as non-degree seeking or to a certificate program may not hold an assistantship.

Financial Aid Information

Paying for college is a vital part of the education process. It is important to be informed of the many sources of aid available. Student loans are available to degree-seeking graduate students. Information on student loans can be found through the Office of Student Financial Aid. The Office of Student Financial Aid is located in Simmons Hall.

Tuition and Fees

Current tuition and fees schedules can be found through the Office of Student Accounts.

Page maintained by The Graduate School. Request a change to this page.