Physical and Health Education
The Pre-K-12 Physical and Health Education major prepares you to work in:
- Pre-K-12 public and private schools, community facilities such as YMCA, sport academy, etc.
- It will prepare you for state licensure in physical education.
- Additional licensure in health can be obtained by taking 6 additional credits. Candidates are strongly encouraged to seek dual licensure to increase job opportunities
Pre-K-12 Physical and Health Education majors will complete classes in areas of:
- Education and teaching
- Fitness and wellness
- Instructional strategies
- Physiology of human movement
- are innovative, interactive and experienced
- use multimedia technology to enhance classroom learning
- are active in current research, national organizations, and local community agencies and school districts
- encourages students to be critical thinkers and educational leaders
The School of Sport Science and Wellness Education, located in InfoCision Stadium, offers a variety of resources for its students, including:
- State-of-the-art laboratory and equipment required for knowledge base learning
- Opportunities to aid faculty in a variety of research projects
Real World Experience
- The University requires student teaching and observations
- Service Learning built into coursework
- Collaboration with professionals and teachers in the field of physical Education
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.