Economics is the study of how society, businesses, organizations and individuals produce, exchange, buy and sell goods and services. A Bachelor of Arts in Economics earned at The University of Akron prepares students for careers in the field through:
- Core courses in theory, quantitative and computer methods
- Development of analytical and problem solving skills
- A program tailored with electives geared toward a particular career track in:
- banking and international economics
- public policy
- graduate school
- conduct research
- publish in high-quality academic journals
- consult with businesses and government agencies
Program culminates in a senior project where you will demonstrate your abilities and apply what you have learned, both analytically and quantitatively.
Gain practical professional experience through internship opportunities typically taken in the summer between the third and fourth years.
- Westfield Insurance
- Allstate Insurance
- City of Akron
- FirstMerit Bank
- Limited Brands, Inc.
- The Timken Company
- SS&G Wealth Management
- PNC Bank
Economics Student Organizations
Interact with other economics students and professionals in the field through organizations such as:
- Economics Club
- Economics Honor Society — Omicron Delta Epsilon
Page maintained by the Department of University Communications and Marketing. Request a change to this page.