It is your responsibility to download Kurzweil 3000 prior to attending your initial Adaptive Technology training appointment. It may take up to an hour to download the software, depending on the speed of your computer.
Kurzweil for Windows: (select for more detailed instructions)
- Navigate to this website http://www.kurzweiledu.com/k3win.
- Select the v13 web licensing software and download to your computer.
- Follow the Kurzweil 3000 v.13 Install Shield Wizard.
- Once installation is finished, restart your computer.
Kurzweil for Mac: (select for more detailed instructions)
- Navigate to this website http://www.kurzweiledu.com/k3mac
- Select the v5 web licensing software and download to your computer.
- Open the Installer and drag the Kurzweil 3000 application icon to your Applications folder.
Kurzweil for iPad: (select for more detailed instructions)
- Search for Firefly k3000 in the app store.
- Install on iPad.
System Requirements for Kurzweil 3000 Web License
- Processor: 1.3 GHz Pentium 4 or better
- System Memory: 512 MB (1GB for 64-bit Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8)
- Hard Disk Space: 2GB of free space
- Operating System: Windows XP with Service Pack 3 or later, Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or later, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- Video Memory: 4MB or better
- Screen Resolutions: 1024x768 24-bit color or better
- Additional Requirements: DVD drive, keyboard, mouse, SoundBlaster 16-bit compatible sound card, speakers, microphone, TWAIN-compatible scanner (Color Professional and Black-and-White Professional only)
- Mozilla Firefox v3.5 or later or Microsoft Internet Explorer v7 or later for Read the Web functionality
- Internet connection
- Minimum G3 processor, running Mac OS 10.4 through 10.8.
- Minimum 128 MB RAM (512 MB RAM for Cepstral voices).
- Minimum 300 MB (500 MB for Cepstral voices).
- DVD drive, keyboard, mouse, speakers, microphone, Internet connection for Read the Web functionality, Image Capture-compatible scanner.
- Internet connection required for product use.