Apply to The University of Akron
Application information for future doctors, people who are age 60 and older, those who want to earn a certificate or re-enroll, and those who simply want to take a class but are not looking for a degree.
Joint Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Medicine degree
Our joint Bachelor of Science/Doctor of Medicine degree is granted through the Northeast Ohio Medical School.
The application is posted around Aug. 1. Direct questions about applying to NEOMED at 330-325-6270. The application fee covers the cost of application to all three universities.
Certificate-seeking and special students
This is for people who:
- are seeking admission to take a particular course, but is not working toward a degree.
- want to earn a certificate. See list of certificate degrees.
Re-enroll at UA
If you were a student here, then stopped attending and now want to return, call the Office of Admissions at 330-972-7100 or 1-800-655-4884 during normal business hours.
Students at other locations
To attend one of these UA locations, indicate your intention on your application for admission:
- Wayne College
- Medina County University Center
- Midpoint Campus Center
- Holmes County
Sixty Plus (60+) is available for students over 60 years old.
I'm also a veteran
We have services just for you. Learn more.
Additional application types
- You are a high school student, or graduated from high school or earned a GED less than 5 years ago, apply as a new freshman
- You are taking, or have completed, classes at another college and want to complete your degree at UA. You may have already earned an associates and seek another, or a bachelor's, apply as a transfer student
- It has been more than 5 years since you graduated from high school or earned a G.E.D., and you have never attended college, apply as an adult