Title: Associate Professor
Office: CAS 446
Fulbright Scholar, Fall 2006
Fields: International Trade and Finance, Econometrics, Macroeconomics
- "Does the Confucius Institute Impact International Travel to China? A Panel Data Analysis" (with Donald Lien and Steven Yamarik), Applied Economics, forthcoming.
- “Broad versus Regional Integration: What Matters More for Economic Development?” (with Steven Yamarik), Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, forthcoming
- "Cross-border Activities, Human Capital and Efficiency: Evidence from OECD Countries; (with Camilla Mastromarco), The World Economy, 36 (2013): 761-785.
- "Is Natural Openness or Trade Policy Good for the Environment?" (with Steven Yamarik), Environment and Development Economics,16 (2011):657-684.
- Book Review of The Gravity Model in International Trade. Advances and Applications edited by Peter A. G. van Bergeijk and Steven Brakman. Cambridge:Cambridge University Press, 2010. Review of International Economics, 9 (2011): 979-981.
- "Foreign Capital, Human Capital and Efficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis for Developing Countries" (with Camilla Mastromarco), World Development 37 (2009): 489-502.
- "A Firm's External Environment and the Hiring of a Nonstandard Workforce: Implications for Organizations," (with Dipankar Ghosh and Lee Willinger), Human Resource Management Journal 19 (2009): pp 433-453.
- "Using Electronic Response Systems in Economics Classes" (with Francesco Renna), Journal of Economic Education, 40, (2009): pp 354-365.
- "Trade, Technology and Wage Inequalities in the US Manufacturing Sector: Evidence from Granger Causality Tests" (with Steven Yamarik), Review of International Economics, 15 (2007): 321-346.
- "Do Regional Trading Arrangements Harm the Environment? A Preliminary Analysis of 162 countries in 1990" (with Steven Yamarik), Applied Econometrics and International Development, 6 (2006).
- "A Sensitivity Analysis of the Gravity Model, " (with Steven Yamarik), The International Trade Journal, 19 (2005): 83-128.
- "Does Trade Creation Measure Up? A Reexamination of the Effects of Regional Trading Arrangements," (with Steven Yamarik), Economics Letters, 82 (2004): 213-219.
- "Are Regional Trading Arrangements Trade Creating? An Application of Extreme Bounds Analysis," (with Steve Yamarik). Journal of International Economics, 63 (2004): 369-395.
- "Fertility and Economic Growth: Do Immigrant Maids Play a Role?" (with Donald Lien). Pacific Economic Review 7 (2002): 245-257.
- "Forecasting with Preliminary Data: A Comparison of Two Methods," (with Donald Lien). Applied Economics 33 (2001): 721-726.
- "The Causal Relationship between International Trade and Employment in the Manufacturing Sector of the United States." The International Trade Journal 14 (2001): 399-419.
- "Forecasting with Preliminary Data," (with Donald Lien). Journal of Forecasting 16 (1997): 463-473.
- "United States Trade Balance Announcements: The Nature of its Data Revisions," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics 59 (1997): 371-383.
- "Data Revision and Market Response: The Case of the United States Trade Balance Announcements," (with Donald Lien). Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics 57 (1995): 265-275.
Ph.D., University of Kansas, 1993