In 2015, the English Department awarded over $20,000 in scholarships and prizes to University of Akron students.
To view/download a complete list of the award winners from 2015, click here.
The deadline to apply for the 2016 English Department awards is Friday, March 18, 2016.
English Department Prizes and Scholarships
English Department Annual Student Awards Reception:
April 20, 2016 at 3:30pm in the Honors Commons Room of the Honors College
UA Scholarship Tips
- Generally, students who receive scholarships should have full-time enrollment.
- Most scholarships are granted on an annual basis prior to the fall semester.
- Although most scholarships do not require students to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), for full consideration for all types of aid you should complete a FAFSA form no later than March 1.
- You may also wish to contact your college and/or academic department for possible scholarship opportunities and application requirements.
Graduate students are encouraged to apply for assistantships. Positions are available as teaching assistants in the English Department.
Join us for
FAFSA Filing Sunday!
Free and open to the public!
Sunday, Oct. 23, 1 p.m.
Pre-registration is required:
Bring the following records for you and your parents (unless you are an independent student as defined by federal criteria), or your spouse (if you are married):
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License (if applicable)
- 2015 Federal Income Tax Returns, if filed
- Records of untaxed income (Veteran’s Benefits, etc.)
- Current bank statements
- Current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock bond, and other investment records (as applicable)
FAFSA school code: 003123