Admission Information and On-line Request
Applications are invited from all self-challenging, highly motivated, and high achieving learners who have demonstrated their abilities to excel--whether in high schools or colleges.
Deadlines: The application deadlines for priority scholarship consideration for admission to the Honors College for each fall semester are as follows:
- November 1 - early admission deadline.
Early admission is non-binding.
- February 1 - standard admission deadline. The standard deadline for admission has passed for fall admission, 2009. Students interested in joining the Honors College may apply after completing one semester of academic work at UA. Current UA students with less than 64 credits completed may apply through March 15, and transfer students may apply until April 2.
First consideration is given to those applicants who provide evidence of the following -
- High school cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.50
- High school class rank among the highest 10%
- ACT composite score of at least 27 or SAT combined score of at least 1200 (old test)/ 1800 (new test)
In lieu of these indicators, if you have potential that might not be highlighted in your academic record, if you are transferring from another college or university, or if you are entering college after pursuing a career or meeting other responsibilities, please include with your application a letter describing your circumstances, accomplishments, and goals. Transfer students should generally have fewer than 64 semester credits to be considered for the Honors College.
Out of State applicants should read about Akron's Blue & Gold Awards
If you are still deciding about whether to apply to the Honors College and would like a brochure or UA Viewbook mailed to you, please fill in the appropriate information below and click Submit. The information will be mailed to you by regular mail.