Honors Academy for College Credit Plus students
The Honors Academy is a great experience for those who are self-challenging, highly motivated, and high achieving learners who have demonstrated their abilities to excel.
How do I apply?
All College Credit Plus (CCP) applicants that are admitted to UA and meet the below criteria will automatically be considered for The Honors Academy. If you qualify, you will receive an email invitation to join during the Summer 2016 semester. Students that are interested in applying prior to the summer recruitment period can follow the steps below to join The Honors Academy.
- 27-36 ACT/1210-1600 SAT and 3.5 high school GPA or higher
- 25-26 ACT/1130-1200 SAT and 3.75 high school GPA or higher
Special Circumstances: If you have not met all of the above standards, contact us at 330-972-8370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test Scores: Your highest ACT/SAT composite test score is the one considered for your application. If your test score is not as high as you wish, we recommend taking it again.
Recommendation Letter: A recommendation letter is required for each applicant. Download the recommendation form.
To clarify your qualifications or check on your application, please contact The Honors Academy coordinator via phone at 330-972-8370 or email@example.com.
About the program
Membership into the program is relatively small in order to foster a sense of community and group interaction among a select group of students. The Honors Academy is tailored toward students entering their senior year of high school, although exceptional juniors will also be considered.
The curriculum for Honors Academy students is primarily completed at The University of Akron main campus. With assistance from the Honors Academy coordinator and academic advisors, students are assisted with selecting classes and are encouraged to register for classes at the same time as other members to build friendships and peer support.
Some of the benefits of being involved
- Students are given priority registration, ensuring that they will be able to enroll in their first choice of classes.
- Students are encouraged to take Honors sections of courses, but may also enroll in elective academic subjects (for a total of 12 to 15 credits) in their areas of interest.
- The opportunity to participate in many extra-curricular activities on campus with permission from the Coordinator of College Credit Plus. Honors Academy students may not participate in athletics, speech and debate, or in social fraternities or sororities.
- 24 hour access to the academic wing of the Honors Complex, which includes the 24-hour Honors Computer Lab, the large two-story Jacobsonn Common Room, two seminar classrooms, and one large classroom.