The Ernst von Meerwall Endowed Scholarship
The Ernst von Meerwall Endowed Scholarship Fund in Physics was established in 2008 by the Department of Physics at The University of Akron and by Marianne H. von Meerwall, Dr. von Meerwall's spouse, as a retirement gift. The purpose of the scholarship is to support deserving students pursuing a BS or MS degree in the Department of Physics.
The scholarship will be awarded annually by the Department of Physics. The student(s) selected shall be making satisfactory progress toward the BS or MS in Physics, and display distinguished performance in research. The scholarship will be renewable as long as the recipient meets the criteria established by the department chair.
- The Robert U. Blaser Family
- The John Morris Davies and William Olin Davies
- The Royal C. and Betty J. Gardner
- Dr. Charles W. Wilson III
- The Walt and Meg Heintz
- The Householder Physics
- The Howard J. Dreskin and Phyllis M. Levine
- The Ernst von Meerwall Endowed Scholarship
- BCAS scholarships