Psychology Undergraduate Advising
Dr. Kevin Kaut supervises two Counseling Psychology graduate students in the advising of undergraduate majors. Under Dr. Kaut's direction, these advisors complete, with the student, contracts of study, class schedules, and registration materials. The advisors provide consultation regarding educational and career planning, and are knowledgeable about departmental resources, services and opportunities. These advisors also help students to keep track of their degree requirements, but it is always the student's responsibility to make sure all degree requirements are met.
If you have a question regarding, or need general information about, a major in psychology, the Psychology department or its faculty, you also may e-mail the undergraduate advisors (see contact information below). The advisors will respond at their earliest opportunity. Please be aware, however, that more complex issues and questions may be handled better with a phone call or personal appointment.
Schedule an Appointment With Us
The advisors in the Psychology Department provide consultation regarding educational and career planning, and are knowledgeable about departmental resources, services and opportunities.
The Advising Office is located in the Arts and Sciences Building Room 341.
For an appointment call 330-972-7280, e-mail email@example.com, or just drop by!
Undergraduate Psychology Careers
The following brochures can help you design your psychology major to fit the following career paths:
- Psychology Majors: Interested in Developmental Psychology? (pdf)
- Psychology Majors: Interested in Experimental Psychology? (pdf)
- Psychology Majors: Interested in Working in Mental Health/Counseling? (pdf)
- Psychology Majors: Interested in Working in Human Resources/Organizational Development? (pdf)
Top 10 Occupations of Psychology BA/BS
- Top- and mid-level managers, executives, administrators
- Sales occupations, including retail
- Social workers
- Other management-related occupations
- Personnel, training, labor-relations specialists
- Other administrative (clerks, bookkeepers)
- Insurance, securities, real estate,
- Other marketing and sales occupations
- Registered nurses, pharmacists, therapists, physician assistants
- Accountants, auditors, other financial specialists