Psychology Undergraduate Advising
The Psych Advising office is staffed by doctoral students in psychology under the
direction of Dr. Kevin Kaut. Our advisors assist students with:
- Scheduling psychology courses and staying on track for graduation.
- Professional development including applying for internships, jobs, and
graduate school specific to psychology.
- Discussing co-curricular and career-related opportunities in psychology.
Our advisors are knowledgeable about departmental resources, services and
opportunities and are happy to work with students personally. Whether students are
majoring in psychology, minoring, or simply want to learn more about coursework and
opportunities in the field, we are happy to assist.
See below for our contact information. Also check out our Resources and Frequently
Asked Questions pages.
Schedule an Appointment With Us
The advisors in the Psychology Department provide consultation regarding educational and career planning, and are knowledgeable about departmental resources, services and opportunities.
The Advising Office is located in the Arts and Sciences Building Room 341.
For an appointment call 330-972-7280, e-mail email@example.com, or just drop by!
Undergraduate Psychology Careers
The following brochures can help you design your psychology major to fit the following career paths:
- Psychology Majors: Interested in Developmental Psychology? (pdf)
- Psychology Majors: Interested in Experimental Psychology? (pdf)
- Psychology Majors: Interested in Working in Mental Health/Counseling? (pdf)
- Psychology Majors: Interested in Working in Human Resources/Organizational Development? (pdf)
Career Directions with a Bachelor's in Psychology
From business, to healthcare, to education, psychology can get you there. Checkout all the directions you can take a career in psychology according to the American Psychological Association.
Graduate Student Success
For more about the internship and job placement opportunities for our master's and doctoral students, checkout the following links for each of our graduate programs: