The on-campus graduate SLP program admits for fall semester only.
Please carefully read and follow the instructions below for application to our program.
1. Undergraduate Degree: Applicants to the program must possess a bachelor's degree in speech-language pathology or complete a post-baccalaureate sequence of courses from an accredited university. Applicants must be able to submit transcripts from at least one semester of post-baccalaureate courses at the time of their application. It is acceptable for students to apply if they are taking post-bacc courses during the fall semester – however, applicants must be certain that an updated transcript is sent once grades have posted at the end of the semester.
2. GRE: The GRE is required. We will accept either the old (prior to 8/1/11) or the revised (8/1/11 and after) test scores. GRE scores are valid for 5 years. Official scores should be sent directly to the University of Akron (code 1829). We are not participating in the CSDCAS GRE score-reporting system this year; your official score report must be sent to our Graduate School, using the code above.
3. Application System: Our program requires two applications; the basic application to The University of Akron (Graduate School) AND the application through CSDCAS.
Central Application Service for Communication Science and Disorders (CSDCAS):
All students must submit applications through CSDCAS in order to be considered for admission to our program
Program Directory: http://www.capcsd.org/csdcas/directory.php – for information about our program’s requirements for the application
Application Portal: https://portal.csdcas.org (may also be accessed from the main CSDCAS website). The 2014 CSDCAS application will be available beginning 9/18/13.
Instructions for Application for Admission to the UA SLP Graduate Program (Fall 2014)
1. Complete and submit the CSDCAS application, following instructions on the website ("completed" by 1/1/14) – earlier completion is recommended, to ensure we receive the application from CSDCAS in a timely fashion
2. Complete and submit The University of Akron Graduate School application, with the required fee (submitted by 1/1/14)
3. Submit any updates as they occur (GRE scores, transcripts, etc.) to the CSDCAS portal
The University of Akron’s Graduate School Application must be submitted, along with the fee, by January 1, 2014 in order for a student’s application to be considered for the 2014 admission cycle. No supplemental documents (letters of recommendation, etc.) should be submitted here.
Please note: Send a final, official transcript, once you have graduated, if you have been admitted pending graduation.
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
Mrs. Robin Angell, MS, CCC-SLP