The Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics
The 2014 Ohio Judicial Elections Survey Findings Report
The Bliss Institute along with co-sponsors the Supreme Court of Ohio, the League of Women Voters of Ohio, the Ohio State Bar Association and Justice At Stake, recently conducted a survey of Ohio registered voters to determine voting attitudes and behaviors in judicial elections.
Bliss in the media
- Jan. 29: The results of a statewide poll conducted by UA’s Bliss Institute for Applied Politics are highlighted in a story in The Columbus Dispatch about possible judicial-election reform.
- Jan. 21: John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, is quoted in a WAKR story on reactions to President Obama’s State of the Union address.
- Jan 1: John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, is quoted in an Akron Beacon Journal story on the factor that name recognition plays in political campaigns.
- Dec. 16: Professor Karl Kaltenthaler is quoted in a U.S. News & World Report story on the attack by Taliban gunmen on a school in Pakistan.
2016 Cleveland RNC Coverage
John Green, Bliss Institute director and distinguished professor of political science in UA’s Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences, was interviewed for coverage of Cleveland hosting the 2016 Republican National Convention.
- July 10, 2014, Cleveland Plain Dealer: "How the Republican convention in Cleveland helps Columbus bid to host Democrats' convention"
- July 9, 2014, WOUB: "Officials Are Elated By RNC Panel Picking Cleveland"
- July 8, 2014, Akron Beacon Journal: "Summit County hopes to benefit from GOP convention"
- July 8, 2014, 89.7 WKSU: "Gauging the impact of the 2016 GOP convention on Cleveland"
- July 8, 2014, 90.5 WCBE: "What Choice Of Cleveland To Host 2016 RNC Means For GOP And Ohio"
Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-1914
Fax: 330-972-5479 Fax