The Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics
The 2014 Ohio Judicial Elections Survey Findings Report
The Bliss Institute along with co-sponsors Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor of the Supreme Court of Ohio, the League of Women Voters of Ohio, the Ohio State Bar Association and Justice At Stake, recently conducted a survey of Ohio registered voters to determine voting attitudes and behaviors in judicial elections.
Bliss in the media
- April 15: John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, is quoted in a Bloomberg story on the governors of Ohio and Wisconsin and their relationship with organized labor. Green also took part in a panel discussion on WCPN-FM on the growing field of candidates eyeing the 2016 presidential election.
- April 12: Professor David Cohen is quoted in The Blade in a story on efforts to legalize marijuana in Ohio.
- April 11: Professor David Cohen is quoted in a USA Today story on an early question that will face the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign.
- April 7: In continuing coverage, John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, is quoted in a story on WYSO-FM about a poll on the race between U.S. Senator Rob Portman and former Ohio governor Ted Strickland.
- April 2: John Green, director of UA’s Bliss Institute of Applied Politics, did an interview on WAKR-AM on Indiana's controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act (no audio available). Green was also interviewed by WTVN-AM about the possibility of Ohio Governor John Kasich running on the GOP presidential ticket.
- March 24: Associate professor Terry O’Sullivan and professor David Cohen recently presented a paper about the Homeland Security Council at a conference on the George W. Bush presidency at Hofstra University. See the video of their panel discussion at the conference.
2016 Cleveland RNC Coverage
John Green, Bliss Institute director and distinguished professor of political science in UA’s Buchtel College of Arts and Sciences, was interviewed for coverage of Cleveland hosting the 2016 Republican National Convention.
- July 10, 2014, Cleveland Plain Dealer: "How the Republican convention in Cleveland helps Columbus bid to host Democrats' convention"
- July 9, 2014, WOUB: "Officials Are Elated By RNC Panel Picking Cleveland"
- July 8, 2014, Akron Beacon Journal: "Summit County hopes to benefit from GOP convention"
- July 8, 2014, 89.7 WKSU: "Gauging the impact of the 2016 GOP convention on Cleveland"
- July 8, 2014, 90.5 WCBE: "What Choice Of Cleveland To Host 2016 RNC Means For GOP And Ohio"
Ray C. Bliss Institute of Applied Politics
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-1914
Fax: 330-972-5479 Fax
David Horn Manuscript on Gerrymandering - Click Here for the Analysis.