Become a Summer EDGE Fellow03/01/2012
Economic Development through Growth & Entrepreneurship ("EDGE") is seeking self-motivated students that are interested in new business development for its Summer EDGE Fellows Program.
- Great Summer Opportunity:
- EDGE hires students as independent consultants (from the end of May through July) conducting due diligence on new business ideas provided to EDGE by Northeast Ohio entrepreneurs and successful business leaders.
- EDGE targets current graduate students from all academic disciplines and considers recently graduated and non-traditional students, too.
- Good candidates must communicate very well both verbally and in writing, since EDGE Fellows conduct a fair bit of grassroots primary market research.
- In 2010 and 2011, EDGE Fellows rated their summer experience as a “9.25” (out of 10).
- This is a paid 40-hour-per-week internship experience ($5,600 over two months).
- Great Networking/Practical Experience:
- Students work in cross-functional teams and work closely with business leaders, experienced business mentors and peers on real-world projects – ultimately providing recommendations in the form of a final report and presentation to executives.
- About 30% of the business ideas studied generate new revenue for NE Ohio within 2-3 years.
- Roughly 70% of EDGE Fellows choose to stay and work in NE Ohio following graduation.
EDGE has up to 16 positions to fill for 2012 (coming from any school) and is taking applications on a rolling basis. Please feel free to share with others. To learn more and see success stories go to the EDGE Fellows Program and Apply Online(cover letter, resume, list of references). Thanks.