March 2014 Italy study abroad course is now open!07/08/2013
Dear UA Student:
Registration is now open for an exciting March 2014 study abroad course! The CBA will offer a special section of 6100: 200 Personal Leadership Skills (1 credit) in Italy over spring break. There are no pre-requisites for this course and it is open to all UA students. Students enrolled in the course will develop their personal leadership competencies through a combination of pre-travel reading assignments, during and post-travel writing assignments, and integrated experiential learning opportunities in Italy consisting of cultural activities and visits to Italian businesses.
Save your place in this class by registering for the trip now. Students will be registered for the actual course in October.
Please note that this comprehensive website has valuable information regarding our trip which is being custom planned for the CBA by Worldstrides, a well-known provider of international residency experiences. Please be sure to read through the site carefully for the following information:
- Key dates
- Cost information
- Air itinerary
- Hotel details
- Itinerary (separate tab)
- Visa instructions (separate tab)
- Packing list (separate tab)
To go into the registration, please click on this link and you will be taken to the main web page.
- To register, click on ’Register To Travel’ on the right side of the page
- You will then be prompted to enter the University of Akron Trip ID: 93913
- Once you enter the Trip ID and requested security characters, click on the ‘Register Now’ box below and you will be taken directly to the site
- Review the summary page and click ‘Register’ in the top right corner to enter your information
A few things to keep in mind:
1. The registration requires your passport information. When you are ready to register, please be sure to have your passport on hand. If you do not have your passport information when registering, you can still complete the process and return to the registration site at another time to enter your passport details.
2. Travel to Italy does not require U.S. citizens to obtain a visa for entry. All U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens with an established U.S. residence will receive a customized Toolkit with full details on your specific visa needs (if applicable).
Please read through this toolkit as it contains valuable information on the visa process and how to apply. Your customized online registration website also contains a visa tab which outlines important information on how to fill out the visa application. All participants who do not meet these requirements will be contacted separately for further instructions regarding assistance for your visa needs.
*If you are a non-U.S. citizen but can provide proof of U.S. residency (utility bill, lease agreement, or driver’s license) please select your State of Residence from the drop down menu.
3. All rooms are based on shared twin occupancy (2 persons per room) so please determine who your roommate will be so you can indicate that person on your registration. Please note that the roommate selection cannot begin until at least two people are registered. You can go back in and select roommates after your initial registration – keep your login info.
4. The current working itinerary is listed on the site. Additional details regarding business visits will be provided closer to the program.
5. International flights to Italy are included in the cost of the program.
6. The registration deadline is November 15th, 2013 and final payment is due JANUARY 15th , 2014.
Please contact the Worldstrides office at 1-800-422-2368 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding registration. If you have questions about the course please contact Dr. Susan Hanlon (email@example.com).